5.

George and Melody arrived early the next morning because that had to return home. The Doctor kept reassuring Melody it was fine, that he had nowhere else, currently, in the galaxy to be.

George didn't tell her what it was, suddenly, they had to return home for. But when he had re-entered the TARDIS, she noticed what it was, and smiled.

Amy and Rory were sat having breakfast and they could hear the twins playing in another room. Ava was laying in her carrier.

Melody picks up her daughter and carry's her to where the twins were playing

Melody picks up her daughter and carry's her to where the twins were playing. They peered at their mother, jumped up and hugged her.

"...Top of Scotland in a little town called Inverness. Yeah, it's a city technically, but it feels like a small town," Amy was saying to The Doctor and George.

Melody hadn't heard the first part of the conversation.

"Adorable," George coos at his daughter when Melody wandered in again.

He had insisted on Harry calling him every night with an update, if there were any, and Harry had agreed.

***

George was woken early by an alarm vibration from his wand. He quietly dressed, trying his best not to disturb Melody, then checked on Ava. She was staring up at the mobile stars on her cot which they brought along with them.

"Good morning, Ava," George spoke softly. "How do you feel about treating mummy today?"

He took her downstairs with him into the kitchen, and set her down in the carrier so he could make breakfast. As he made some breakfast, he spoke to Ava about what he was doing, knowing that if you speak to a baby in a normal voice and sentences, it helps them to develop a better understanding of communication and language.

Once breakfast was made, he also made two cups of tea and placed it all on a tray which he levitated with his wand. It followed him up the stairs while he carried Ava up to their room.

Melody, still fast asleep facing the door, doesn't stir as they came in. George put Ava down on the bed and their breakfast on the bedside table, and he laid down on the bed too.

Ava, only being a foot away from her mother, starts waving her arms excitedly as she recognises her scent. When Melody doesn't give her the attention she craves, she begins to whine. Melody frowns in her sleep, at the sound of her daughter in disgruntlement. She opens her eyes and rolls over, casting them down to Ava lying between them.

"Hi sweetie," she strokes her index finger along her cheek. Ava wiggles her arms about, seeking more attention from her mum. "Come here, baby girl!"

Melody sits up in bed and picks up her daughter, kissing her head before lying her down on her chest.

After breakfast, George took Ava from her mother so that Melody could get changed.

Mother and daughter, Amy and Melody were sat outside, making use of the garden furniture while the guys entertained the kids.