3.

Molly had outdone herself for lunch, with the amount of lunch that levitates over the long table, which had been extended for the children, they were set to dig in.

Scorpius went and sat next to Melody who put an arm around him for a quick hug, and he smiles up at her. She was his favourite auntie. Draco looked over at his son and his...sister, he still considered Melody to be his sister; he still loved her.

Listening to the various topics of discussion around them, Melody felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. It has been a gift from her parents when they agreed to move to the muggle world; but they had to show their daughter how to use it. She checked it to see a message from Rory, who was checking in.

Afterwards, the Weasley family, along with the Malfoy's, piled into the living room. It's a tight squeeze for most of them, but Melody had a comfy chair to herself so she could feed Ava.

James, who had not long ago turned five, was sat on the floor playing with something. He ignored Albus and Scorpius, who seemed to be happy enough with playing with each other. Teddy was sat on the floor next to Ginny.

In Melody's arms, Ava wakes up after a short nap. She remains quiet in her mother's arms and Harry looked up, hoping to have a hold of his friend's baby girl.

"I overheard you and Draco talking," George said as he followed his wife upstairs. "I know Lauren and Nate have met Narcissa, but is it wise taking Ava, our newborn to meet her too?"

"George, I know what you're thinking. But Narcissa has changed, just like Draco. Lucius's terrible mistakes shouldn't have to cloud the rest of their lives, because he is in Azkaban, and he will be for a very long time," Melody said.

"I know, I just don't like the thought of you going back to that Manor. What you told me happened while you were there with Ron, Harry, and Hermione," he trailed off.

"That was a long time ago, and nothing compares to being taken from your parents to be turned into a weapon against your mother's best friend," Melody told him.

"Wasn't that River?" George asks.

"I was still a baby that was taken from her parents, and it was both of us at that point. Whatever happened, we became two people. River Song, the woman supposed to kill The Doctor but married him instead. And Melody Pond, the daughter of Amy and Rory Pond," she says.

"Okay," he nods.

It was almost four o'clock, George and Melody, with Ava bid everyone goodbye before they left The Burrow. Melody was starting to struggle with staying awake in the warmth of The Burrow.

"Do you want me to go get the kids?" George asks.

"I'll go get them. I need to talk to mum and dad, anyway," she says and passes Ava over to him.

***

The twins rushed over to their mother when she appeared in the sitting area. She hugged them quickly, but motioned for Amy and Rory to join her in the kitchen.

She told them about Narcissa inviting her and the kids over for lunch at the Manor. Amy stiffened at the thought of her daughter going back there, and the idea of her grandchildren going there as well. Melody could sense her mother's reservations.

"I know, I've had the same conversation about it with George. But Draco will be there too, with Scorpius, and we both trust Narcissa. I wouldn't take the kids there if I didn't, I just wanted you both to know," Melody says.

Amy glances into the sitting room, watching the kids play. They were lucky. They got to be with their mother, and they will be with their mother for their whole lives. Amy didn't get that same opportunity to be with her own baby girl, to raise Melody from a newborn.