32.

Melody returned to her dorm, only to see that Gaia wasn't there, but there was someone else sat on her bed. She noticed a slight trail of glistening, golden sand from the window to her bed.

"Who are you?" Melody asked.

He was dressed in jeans, a light sandy colour and it matched the hoodie he was wearing, which had a more golden hue to it. His shaggy hair was sandy too, it was down to his chin and curled around his ears. The only thing than differed was his hazel eyes.

"The Sandman," he says as his lips curl into a smile.

"Sandman, as in the cosmic being who controls all dreams?" Melody asked.

"You know your guardians," he grins, seeming impressed that she worked it out without any help. "There is something I'd like to show you...if you trust me?"

'Mum trusted a madman with a box when she was seven years old, and that paid off...' Melody thought to herself. "I'll come with you, but you have to tell me what it's about first."

"There's someone in your family you've not yet met, someone your mum never thought to tell you about because she abandoned her a lot of years ago. She has something in her possession that could be of use to you and your friends," Finn tells her.

"Who are they?" Melody asks.

"Your grandmother!" He states.

"Huh...that is not what I was expecting," Melody replies.

He held out his hand for Melody to take, and considering things for a moment, she took a step forward and placed her hand in his. He appeared to be the same age, but Melody assumed he could change his appearance to be more suitable if needed.

In a blur of motion which Melody couldn't really pay too much attention to, because it involved a lot of quickly moving sand. She had to hide her face in Finn's chest.

"Hey," he lightly touches her other hand that had settled on his chest too. "We're here."

Melody pulled away and noticed that they were in an apartment block, several floors up by the looks of the numbers on the two doors. There was a door directly opposite them, and another to their right.

"Which one?" She asks.

"That one," he points to the door ahead of them.

"Is she expecting us?" Melody asked him nervously.

He shrugs. "Yes and no. She'll have a feeling that she is expecting guests, but she doesn't know who you are. But when she opens that door, she'll have a pretty good idea because you quite literally resemble her daughter."

Nodding, Melody moved closer to the door and rings the doorbell, but what she doesn't notice is the door to their left silently opening and that a gun was now pointing at her. It rested on the nape of her neck.

"Didn't I teach you to always guard your back?" The voice said and the gun lowered.

"Hi...grandma," Melody turned around and offered a nervous smile to the older woman.