Epilogue

In order to increase the population of witches and wizards since the Great War, Kingsley Shacklesbolt had decreed that a marriage decree be enforced to increase the magics population.

All students that were graduating to the age of 24 and onwards would be required to marry at the marriage ceremony. And once married, all couples are to reside for two years, just making those that were graduating 20 years of age around the time of the birth of their first child.

All those legal to marry were to fill out a questionnaire so that the ministry could pair suitable couples. For most, they would be marrying strangers; for others, they could be marrying friends.

<•> Six Years Later <•>

There's a handoff of a sage green backpack, and a kiss to a fiery haired head.

"Love you Lauren," Melody smiled at her and George's four-year-old. "Daddy and I will see you later."

I stand from my crouched position after hugging Lauren, who ran between mum and dad into their house.

"Melody," mum said, taking a step forward. "Be a good girl," she reminded me, a quirk of an eyebrow as she smiled at me.

"Always, mum! It will be late, and it'll either be me or George to come pick up Lauren," I tell her. "I know how desperate Nate has been to go back to The Burrow and see his cousins."

He adored my parents, but he just loved being at The Burrow. There's just a a few hours between Nate and his older sister, and both were very much their own people, but nonetheless, they were still twins.

George wouldn't let us disapparate, as I was seven and a half months pregnant. It wasn't long until my due date, another girl; this one, we'd already picked out her name. Ava Weasley.

We went home, after moving out of the house the Ministry had us move into, we bought a place to be closer to my parents. There, our fireplace was connected to the Floor Network.

The Burrow was alive with noise as George and I stepped out of the fireplace

The Burrow was alive with noise as George and I stepped out of the fireplace. Ron was there with Pansy Parkinson and their triplets. Hermione was also here with Draco and their son, Scorpius, who was the same age as the twins. Scorpius and Nate were both playing with small brooms which only floated a few inches off the ground. Gifts from uncle Fred.

It seemed they were all here today. A gathering of cousins. Fred and Angelina Johnson were here with their two, and Harry and Ginny came in with their sons, Albus and James; their godson, Teddy. Lupin had asked if Harry would be godfather, and after Remus and Tonks's death, Teddy was under their care.

Somehow, Draco and I were still able to act as though we were still siblings and he and Hermione asked if I'd be Scorpius's godmother. He was a mini Draco, except for the eyes, he had his mothers' eyes.

Even Narcissa and I had reconnected not long after the war; she sent gifts for Nate and Lauren when they were born, and George and I had let her meet them.

"Goodness, Melody!" Mrs Weasley bustled in, beaming at her daughter-in-law. "You're glowing!"

Everyone had settled in their lives, happy with the children they had; so, I was still the only one very much pregnant.

"Kids!" Mr Weasley's voice travelled through the house, and all the kids, Mr and Mrs Weasley's grandchildren ran off to go find them. He was so excited to show them all the muggle things he'd collected over the years.

Scorpius remained, unsure whether he should follow after his friends. I felt bad for him, as the others were all cousins, related by blood. Light feet rushed back into the room, and it was Nate, his longer hair was beginning to curl around his ears. His nose and cheeks speckled with light freckles.

"Come on Scorpius!" He said, and Draco and I shared a smile. "You're my best friend, you have to come too!"

Together, they ran off after the others.

"Won't be long before you're all sending your children off to Hogwarts," Molly said out of the blue, and all our heads snapped over at her. "Don't look at me like that! It's true. You are all parents now, they'll be off having adventures of their own before you know it!"

George and I shared a look of unease. I felt Ava move about, enjoying her time in there, and we knew that Molly was right. If my life was anything to go by, our children would be in for a treat.

<•> Author's Note <•>

At this stage, Melody is 25yrs old and Amy is 34yrs old.

What did you think? I hope you've enjoyed following this story and Melody's story as much as I've enjoyed writing it!

I will be writing a sequel, but it won't be going up as quickly as this one has. I started writing Slytherin Heart on: 10/08/2022 and finished it on 21/08/2022 , - so, a very quick turnaround.

xx

Updated 28/08/2022