19.

Walking into an open room, we found Ron sat in one of the corners still holding Scabbers. His ankle was bloody.

"Harry it's a trap! He's the dog. He's an Animagus," Ron shrilly exclaimed, and pointed to something behind us, behind the door we had just walked through.

In grim, tattered clothing, there stood Sirius Black. I gripped onto my wand, ready to take it out if I had to. Hermione placed herself in front of Harry.

"If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to go through us first!" Hermione yelled.

"No. Only one will die tonight," he replies, and I shiver at his tone.

"It'll be you!" Harry screamed and lurched forwards, wrapping his hands around Sirius's neck. They fell to the ground, Sirius laughing despite the situation.

"Are you going to kill me Harry?"

Suddenly, the door burst open and Lupin walked in. "Expelliarmus!" The wand in Harry's hand flew away from him. He motioned with his head for Harry to move back, and he did, joining us.

"Well, well, Sirius, looking rather ragged, aren't we? Finally, the flesh reflects the madness within," Lupin was stood over Sirius.

"Well, you'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you, Remus?" Sirius laughed. Lupin lowered his wand and offered Sirius a hand, helping him to his feet.

They both hugged.

"Let's kill him," Sirius said and Hermione and I both screamed "no."

"He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes." I yell suddenly.

"What?" Hermione shot me a glance.

"The essay Snape set," I eye her.

Black snatched Lupin's wand after he finally let him do what he was here for

"But wait one more minute. Harry has the right to know why," Lupin added.

"I know why! You killed my parents, you're the reason they're dead," his voice quivered.

"No Harry, it wasn't him," Lupin said.

"Somebody did betray your parents, but it was somebody, until quite recently, I believed to be dead," Sirius began.

"Who was it then?" Harry challenged him.

"Peter Pettigrew!" Sirius exclaimed. "And he's in this room! Right now! Come out, come out Peter. Come out, come out and play!"

That's when Snape came in and yelled "expelliarmus!" The wand fell from Sirius's weak hand. "Ah, vengeance is sweet. I hoped I'd be the one to catch you."

"Severus," Lupin approached him, but Snape raised his wand at Lupin causing him to raise his hands.

"I told Dumbledore you were helping an old friend into the castle. And now, here's the proof," Snape said.