Chapter 2: Nerve-wracking

I kept staring at her and didn't say anything. Logically speaking, if you keep on staring at people's eyes, they'll feel uneasy, and I was right, she looked away. That's my cue to leave.

"Teka nga kasi! Para naman tong timang." she complained. My patience snapped because of it.

"Can't you just tell me? Walang paligoy-ligoy..." I said with glaring eyes. She gulped and nodded. Mabilis niyang binuklat ang notebook and read its content. My blood boils after I know what she's plotting.

"Hindi ba maganda? This will help you and---" hindi ko na natapos ang sasabihin niya. I grab the notebook and throw it on the river behind her. She's shock and didn't expected what I did.

"Who do you think you are to decide on what I must do?" I irritatedly ask. Masyado siyang nanghihimasok sa buhay ko.

"I'm just...I..." she's stuttering, finding good words to say. She's spooked and she deserves it.

"Don't cross the line, we're not even close..." After I said that, I left her behind. Twenty things to be done before Leaving? What a crap.

"Ang aga aga, ganyan ang pagmumukha mo. Kaya ka single eh..." Professor Jed said as we run into each other sa tapat ng gate ng university.

"My face is always like this. Nabagok mo rin ba ang bungo mo?" I bluntly asked.

He just laughed wickedly. Nang-aasar na naman tong gurang na'to.

I entered the school, passed through and didn't wait for him. The start of the day isn't good, ayokong dagdagan pa niya ang pagkayamot ko.

"Mr. Meneses! Pakidala naman tong textbooks ko sa office! Sige ka, di kita i recommend for Conduct Award!" sigaw nito sabay tawa ulit nito.

"Act according to your age. You're 29 years old for goodness sake" napaka-isip bata niya, but he's just six years older than me. Conduct Award? What am I? A middle schooler?

I took my classes as an Architect student. It's not that troublesome because I believe I suit the course. I don't socialize. I interact if I had to, but if it isn't necessary then why would I bother? Interacting with people is too tiring and it pisses me off.

I stretch my arms as the class dismissed. It's time for me to do my usual thing. Pumunta ako sa art club. I took my usual area near the window and arranged my materials, also prepared a new canvas. That moment I thought it was gonna be fine.

"Eve!" A lady shouted outside the art club.

I glared at the club door at andoon na naman ang nakakainis na babaeng yun, kasama si Paolo na nasa likuran niya.

Nagsimula nang magtinginan ang mga nasa loob ng artclub. Their attention diverts on me which I hated the most. I have no choice but to leave my area and deal with the two.

"Don't call me in such a familiar way. What do you need, AGAIN?" I asked her after I exited the club room.

"Tinapon mo" she started. So she's not giving up with her delusions.

"Okay, let's settled this. Wag na kayong gumawa ng eksena" awat ni Paolo sa tensyong nabubuo sa'ming dalawa nung babae.

"Would you mind telling her to stop her delusions already?" I asked him nonchalantly but he looked at me with the same intensity.

"Alam kong nakakairita nga 'tong ginagawa ni Darlene, pero mukha rin yatang sumosobra ang trato mo sa kanya. Might as well apologize for not helping her earlier. Iniwan mo lang habang may dumudugong noo tsaka pasa sa paa" sabat niya na nakakapagpakunot ng noo ko. I took a deep breath. I need to be patient.