Prophecy Planning

It was mid afternoon and George and I were sitting across from each other on my bedroom floor. I had a notebook out in front of me as I sketched things out. George had a notebook of his own and he was taking notes, muttering under his breath.

We had a lot of information running through our minds, so much so that I literally couldn't concentrate. My notebook was full of sketches; of Sapnap and Karl, of the Seer, the vial Wilbur had given me, what my hands look like with webbing, among other things. I was currently sketching out George and his face of focus. I look up at him for reference every once in a while and he continues to scrunch his features, stick his tongue out, and run a hand through his fluffy hair.

I look back down at my drawing and carefully make marks to shade his hair in, swooping my pencil across the page to indicate the slight curls. My eyes jump up to his face again, looking at his pursed lips. He wets them with his tongue again and I have to blink away to not get drawn in. Sometimes I remember that I've kissed those lips and it makes my heart jump and my palms sweaty.

Oh what I would give to feel his lips on mine again.

I shake my intrusive thoughts and start drawing his lips... pink lips that I've had all over mine.

Shut up brain.

My pencil outlines his curled lips, forever bent upward, the dip below his nose, the pouty bottom lip covered slightly by the tip of his tongue that remains stuck between his lips in concentration.

My eyes glance back up to George's face and he looks up at the same time. I hold his gaze and he tilts his head in inquiry.

He parts his lips slowly. "What?"

I look away shyly before turning my sketch for him to see. He glances at me before moving his eyes toward my drawing. I watch the corners of his mouth rise slightly.

"You... drew this?"

I smile. "Yes..."

He pushes the book back, trying to wipe the smile off his face. "You were supposed to be figuring out how to solve this prophecy."

"Well... the answer is you. That's what I've figured out."

George blushes and quickly changes the subject. "Listen, here's what I have written down so far."

I scoot over to him and he shows me his book.

"We have two days before we are given an opportunity to become the most powerful mermen or whatever. So here's our options for the next 48 hours. Number one is we both decide that whatever happens we will not accept the ultimate power no matter what. The second is to go through with the merman ritual and be bonded so that we have that extra strength together to decide to not destroy everything."

He looks over at me to see if I'm still following.

"Yeah," I say. "Wilbur already told us that. The question is, what do we do?"

"Right." George turns back to his notes. "So I have a list of pro's and con's for each option. The pros for the first option is that it's easy. It also takes little planning. The cons are that we don't have as much control and there is less guarantee of success."

I nod my head.

He continues, "Umm, we don't know much about this bonding ritual, but the pro's are that it's a safer option if we want to resist temptation, the cons is that we don't know much about it and it... well it's just weird to think about, you know, bonding romantically."

George looks up at me. I stare back trying to read his face.

"Is it?" I break the silence.

George's gaze holds firm. "I thought... maybe. But I don't know how you feel about it. I can't read your mind."