A/N: Merry Christmas

Hello lovely readers! Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday's, Happy New Year (almost)! Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season!

Sorry for disappearing off the face of the earth. Finals kept me busy, holiday things, and other family stuff. It's been all good, but I kinda went MIA... I'm back! 

It's been really hard finding the motivation to finish this story. :\ But don't worry, I definitely want to finish it. I'd hate to cut you off when we are getting so close to the end. I have so many other stories in mind that I have starting writing down. I know you all want to be able to feel all wrapped up with the ending of the story instead of wondering what happened.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm still here and working on the last couple of chapters as you read this. You'll see an actual update this Friday, the 30th. I only have plans for two or three more chapters and it's gonna get really good I promise. 

Again, sorry for leaving you hanging, but I will see you all on Friday for more DNF merman stuff. :)) 

Thanks for being patient with me. For now, Happy Holidays! Here's a little sneak peak of what I've been working on for another story. ;) 

My working title is Royal Amnesia: (lower case on purpose)

my lips feel all tingly as i come to my senses. someone is kissing me.

i blink awake and watch as a boy pulls away from me, his lips leaving wet traces on mine. he smiles when he sees my eyes open.

"oh thank goodness you're awake. it worked," he spoke softly.

his soft words are drowned out by a ruckus of noise suddenly surrounding me, overwhelmingly. people shout and cheer gleefully.

the boy who had kissed me awake grabs my shoulder and helps me sit up. i look around at the audience that had just witnessed us. they all smile up at me, faces bright in the early morning sunlight. i blink the bleariness from my eyes. the boy smiles at me, relief flooding his face as he pulls me into a hug.

"i thought i would never be with you again," he mumbles quietly into my ear.

confusion takes over my senses. where am i? what's going on? who are these people? and worst of all, who am i?

the boy pulls away quickly wiping tears from his cheeks. he tugs me onto my feet and interlaces our fingers.

he holds up a hand, quieting the crowd with his gesture. they all look up at us expectantly.

"my lover is awake!" he shouts.

the crowd cheers again. 

"we will begin the celebration tomorrow morning. start your preparations!"

the crowd gets excited.

"dismissed!"

as the people disperse excitedly, the boy looks over at me. a smile tugs at his lips. i stare back blankly and confused. he seems to notice.

"what? are you alright?"

i look away. my eyes scan our surroundings in search of something familiar. behind us is a bed that i had once been laying on, the sheets are royal purple and adorned with a gold crest i don't recognize. we seem to be in some kind of forest, trees surrounding the small area. the only indication of civilization is the wall that encloses the forested area. the crowd had gone through the gates across from where the boy and i are standing.

my fingers fall from his grip and i draw my attention back to the boy. he is wearing a purple cape, the same gold crest imprinted on the back, like the bedding. his shirt is white, buttoned, and tucked into formal dark green trousers that are stuffed into dark boots laced up to his mid calf. i'm wearing something similar, yet somehow more comfortable. my shirt is white, buttoned only halfway up my chest, revealing my pale torso. my shirt is untucked, resting over a pair of tan trousers rolled up to reveal laced up boots.

the boy grabs at my shoulders making me look up at him. "what's wrong?"

i swallow thickly, not sure how to answer.

this man clearly knows me. but i don't know him. surely, him knowing that, would break his heart.

his emerald eyes scan my face for any indication of my feelings. i rack my brain to find anything about this tall man in front of me, but it feels like my entire memory was poured into a river never to be found again. just complete blankness coating my mind.

my mouth opens and i mutter the first words since waking up in the unrecognizable place, "i can't remember anything."

This will be the next story released after I finish Mermen on Accident. Feel free to read my other stories that I have finished on my profile and follow me for more updates.

Love you all!

-Nnailrak :]