Chapter I: The Introduction

I am on a National highway oscillating my car wheels as much as I can with a great smile on my face. I was happy because of the achievement that was gonna be accomplished very soon. Beside me is the worlds prettiest lady "Tiya" Giving out her best smile and trying to call someone constantly.

    But were we in a long drive enjoying the winds and company of each other?

    I wish we could but at this moment we are eloping. Eloping from the marriage. eloping from the peoples and eloping from the so-called culture and ethics. The switch-off announcement on the call is making Tiya a little uncomfortable and her uncomfortableness is making me a little twitchy.

     I have to just leave Tiya in the airport and make sure that she catches the flight that will take her to Kolkata, the city of hope but for Tiya it was gonna be the city of love.

      We are not a couple even if your 6th sense made you think so. then who we are and why we are eloping.

     I wish that answer could be easy for me to explain. but even though my past is not that complicated my future gonna be because Tiya was not an ordinary girl. She was far different from any other Indian girl. Her character, her way of expressing love, her way of visualising the world was so antithetical to others.

My story started from a few days before, on the night I met Suhani but before that, I should give you an introductory pill.

      My name is Adil Qureshi and people call me Adil because it's so short and I don't find Adi name more cooler then Adil. I am the guy who is an introvert and was never in any relationship before and not because I was weird or asexual but coz I spent my life running towards my career as every middle-class kid have to do.

      It was a late night of December and the time maybe around 11:30. The wind was showering the hardest cold they could. The fogs were surrounding us just like the messages notification on your birthday night. The density of vehicle on road was much lesser than any other day on the street of Delhi. I was having a viral cold so  I was purchasing a few medicines in a chemist shop and then suddenly a girl with a fancy party dress came in front of me and with a pleasing voice said –

     "I have lost my purse and my phone is dead. Can you please lend me 200 rupees for the cab? I will refund you digitally by Paytm."

If a girl needs help in India she should only have two characters, one a pleasant voice and the second she should not call that guy "brother" and these two factors are enough for any boy to make him ready for help and as I also had the same Indian boy gene flowing across my body. I couldn't refuse her to pay that money. She also wrote my phone number by taking the pen from the medical counter and writing it in her hand. This was the first time a girl was taking my number so enthusiastically. And then she stopped a cab, negotiated the price and went to her hostel. I also took my dad's car and went to my home. Late-night entry into the home was not an easy task for a boy like me because my dad was in the hall staring at the television with wide eyes open.

     "One more night party! This will only stop once you get a job and get married. My daughter-in-law will only change your habits "

Dad grumbled loudly

     "Dad you haven't slept still how can I "

I tried to calm his waves of anger.

     "Not a smart answer son but by the way are you free tomorrow?"

Dad asked and I knew my Sunday gonna ruined

    " yeah is there any work?"

     "Nothing much Just clean the car in the nearby garage, it looks so nasty, take your mom to a doctor she had a toothache and make the bathroom pipe repaired by a plumber"

    Dad with a grinning smile replied.

     I had no other option except for saying ok and go for a peaceful sleep because Dad wouldn't listen to any of my excuses at that time.