Chapter XVI: A.R.T

While returning to Delhi I was getting flashbacks of all the incidents that happened with Tiya during the last four days. My heart was filled with some feelings that I never felt ever my life. I knew that now I was quite more attracted to Tiya and I had generated a few feelings for her but my morals and ethics could not name that attraction as love. I made myself understand that she gonna start her family soon and I should be happy about that rather than thinking about her like an asshole.

After reaching home and joining the office I became busy with my office work. during that week one day suhani also called me and told me that they were married. I congratulated them but deep inside I had mixed feelings and to some extent, I even felt heartache. I myself knew that I shouldn't have any feelings for Tiya but I wasn't able to make that clear to my neuron and hormones. But as you know time is a great healer within 3-4 months every blemish cleared from my heart and I was living my old life again. Going the office in the morning, do office work with a calm brain, and sometimes discuss politics, cricket, cinema, office issues etc with my colleagues. My colleagues and office environment also taught me to flirt with the female employees so sometimes I would even do flirting with them. I never thought that an office can ever be that interesting.

In the evening I would watch the news with dad and discuss politics which was his favourite pastime and with passing time it became mine too. The weekend was always occupied by some party. Sometimes it would be someone's birthday, sometimes someone's anniversary and sometimes the office would offer us a party on the occasion of completing any project.

For the next 4-5 months I spend my life that way A life without any problems. One auspicious day Manager called me in his office and said-

"The company requires a technical staff in new jersey, USA. Being one of the main offices of our company we require someone who is highly professional. I have seen your work profile you will be very appropriate for it. So if you agree to it I can transfer you to new jersey."

His words enriched my soul with happiness coz I always had dreamt to work abroad and a country like the USA was always a dream for me but I kept my heartbeat slow and after thinking for a few minutes I said-

"Sir! Thank you for giving me such an honour and such a big opportunity but I need to talk to my parents about it. I need some time to finalize the decision."

"Yeah! Sure take 24hrs and tell me about your decision tomorrow." Manager said

I nodded yes and exited his office. That evening I talked about that with mom and dad and both of them suggested I should take that opportunity. Dad also told me that he isn't that old now so he can sustain himself and when I will get married and have a family then either I would get shifted to India or they will get to the USA.

The next morning I informed my manager that I can join that office of new jersey. He became happy listening to that. He gave me a document to read and sign the TOC's and also informed me that I will have my flight after 15 days.

That evening I was quite happy so I decided to inform my close Friends. First I called Nasim, and he became happy listening to it. He congratulated me and also told me that sometimes you gonna miss your family very badly. This is one of the biggest cons of leaving abroad. We did talk for 30 minutes and then disconnected. After that, I called Suhani, she congratulated me and said-

"Don't you wanna meet us before your departure? The last time you came I was fucking hospitalized and we couldn't chill out together. I also want to talk to you about something."

"About something! Which thing?" I asked

"That I will say in person only," she replied

I understood that she wanna meet me for something important so on Saturday after my office I took my flight and reached Kolkata.