Chapter XI: A New Phase

In the next few months, we all were free from our college and entered a new phase of life. The phase to which we devote the maximum percentage of our life- is "The working phase."

I got a placement in a software company. It was an MNC so its branches were all over the world and also in many cities in India but I got the Delhi one which was a huge relief for me. Suhani moved to Kolkata coz her dad was settled there and she wanted to be close to her dad. She started her dance classes by taking some money as a loan from a bank and some incentives from her father. Tiya got a job in one of the data analytics companies in Delhi but she was planning to shift to Kolkata. Nasim too got a job in one of the IT companies in Bangalore and he kinda temporarily settled in Bangalore. Everyone was busy and excited with their initial working life

I too enjoyed the initial months of this life but suddenly it turned out to be boring. The person I missed most was Nasim coz he was with me since my childhood and not meeting with him for months was so unnatural to me.

One day the manager of my office called and asked if could go to the Kolkata branch on Friday for a meeting as he wouldn't be able to go. I thought for a sec and agreed to it coz that would give me an opportunity for a short vacation and I could meet suhani also. The manager told me that he will mail me the tickets and documents needed.

I took my flight on Friday and reached Kolkata and then to the office. The meeting went smooth and after that, I planned to visit suhani. My flight was on Saturday so I planned to stay at her place that night.

I called Suhani to pick me up from that office road but she replied she is now busy with her dance class and insisted I to come her dance class as it wasn't much far from.

I took a taxi and reached the address given by her. There was a receptionist at the entrance. I told her that I am a friend of Suhani. She pointed her fingers toward a glass door behind which Suhani was teaching dance to some small kids and said that the class will be finished within a few minutes.

I sat on a chair offered by the receptionist and started to observe her Dance. She had a great passion for dance which could be reflected in her teaching. Her dance moves also reminded me of Afya. Nasim did tell me earlier that she was doing a course in Architecture design. But still, it kinda gave me a bad feeling for Afya because she too had that passion for dance.

After a few minutes, Suhani came out of her dance class and found me sitting there.

"Hey! Been seeing you after a long day, how was the meeting though?" she asked

"It was good! But now I am feeling great seeing you pursuing your dream." I replied

She told me to wait for a few minutes and went back to change her clothes. After that, she pulled up her car and we reached her house after a few minutes.

She used to live alone in a rented 2 Bhk flat as her father's flat was quite far from her Dance academy. The evening we spent talking about every corner of life to politics. Suhani's conversational skill was so good that nobody could ever be bored with her chit-chat. She then told me to watch TV and she went to cook dinner.

We had our dinner around 11 am and after dinner, while I was returning to my bedroom Suhani whispered-

"Hey, Adil I wanted to talk about something important!"

I was quite confused so I asked "is it really important? I have my flight in the morning."

"It's about Tiya!" she replied

I sat on the sofa and asked "what happened to her? Is she alright!"

Suhani sat beside me and said "a couple of weeks ago Tiya's family came to know about us. I don't know how but they came to know that Tiya had a girlfriend in college. Her big brother is a shithead so he prisoned Tiya in a room. I tried to call Tiya but her phone is always switched off. A day before yesterday Tiya called me from her maid's phone and said that her family is planning to marry her to a good guy of their choice as soon as possible. She will be allowed to join her office or meet people only after marriage."

"Shit! She is in big trouble then and yeah you are too. So, what have you thought?" I said

"Man I need your help." She said with a deep tone

"Me! But how can I help you?" I asked

"Can you elope her from her house?" She said

"What! Have you lost your mind?" I replied Shockingly

She hold my hand and said "Adil! I know this won't be easy for you but you are only my hope. You just need to take her to the airport and once she comes to Kolkata and we both get married nobody will be able to disintegrate us."

Her eyes were full of tears and the night was also turning more gloomy So I wiped her tears and said "I will try my best to help you but right now I need some sleep." She also smiled and we went to our respective bad.

The next morning I caught my designated flight and returned to Delhi.