Chapter VI: Snakebit

I took the car and started to follow google maps. I was still shocked because to whoever I meet, Suhani always turned out to be related to that person. First as a fellow contestant of Afya and then as a bestie of Tiya and now as a school friend of Saba and someday I might meet a random uncle who would turn out to be his dad. This whole thing was so messed up that I even forgot to follow the map and went to some other road. The moment I realised that I am absent-minded I turned my car back and Finally, I reached the station 20 minutes late bursting out my head with all those thoughts.on reaching the platform I started to look for her , I wasn't able to find her but suddenly a hand landed on my back

"Hey! What are you doing here?"

She was looking much more confused than me

"I don't know whether I am a creep or god want to make me?"

"Are you still tensed with that word?"

"No suhani! Wait I will give you the explanation. I am the cousin brother of Saba and I am here to take you to her home."

"Oh! Really that's an interesting coincidence."

"Are you serious? This thing is too weird."

She took a long breath and then said calmly

"Hey! It's 10 pm already and I am so tired so can we please move on for now."

"Yeah, sure! Sorry for the inconvenience lady."

We came out from the platform and Within few minutes we reached back to Saba's house. I took Suhani to saba's room and returned the cars keys to her. Saba screamed seeing Suhani after a long time so she gave her a tight hug. She even apologised to her for sending the car late.

As they became so busy with their chit-chat I decided to leave the room and After asking permission of leaving from saba I exited her room.

It was around 11:00 pm and as it was a marriage house people were still busy with different works. I went to Irfan's room coz that room was given to me for spending my night. I didn't have any mood for sleeping so I started to find something by which I can pass some hours and Luckily I found a TV hanging on the wall. I took the remote and started to find some programme that could entertain me, didn't found any interesting programmes but still, It was interesting than sitting idle. After an hour Irfan came to the room and discovering me in front of the TV he said

"You still awake! Adil"

"Yeah! The evening nap was so powerful. You have been a busy whole day. Should I off the TV."

"No bro! I even don't feel tired at this moment."

"Are you crazy! I mean seriously how can you not be tired"

"Adil! I was just instructing and observing the decorators so it's not that big deal. By the way, leave this shit and tell me about that girl."

"Which girl are you talking about?"

"Suhani man! She also used to be my friend, We three had done a lot of fun during our school days."

"Used to be my friend, what do you mean? Isn't you both are a friend now."

"Kinda no but that's a long story buddy."

"No! Tell in short what happened."

"Nothing big buddy! We were good friends when we used to study here in Lucknow. After 6th she left this school and went to Delhi. Dad even decided to send me to boardings as my marks were very poor and Saba suggested dad to shift me to the same school of Suhani so that I could get someone as a friend."

"I know that you studied in the DPS for two years and sometimes you would even come to meet me and we used to play video games together."

"Yeah! Suhani was also in DPS and we were good friends but due to a stupid incident, our friendship broke."

"Oh! I see and so you were rejecting the calls of Saba. But if you don't mind can you share with me that incident."

"Teenagers stuff man. We make so many friends and enemy during that period and then we regret during our adulthood."

He didn't said anything after that. I didn't want to make him feel uneasy and so I changed the topic and started to talk about the other things. We both talked for a long time about Politics, cricket, video games, movies and all other stuff.

The night grew darker and so at 2:00 am we decided to go for sleep. The next day my eyes opened with a banging sound on the door. I woke up and opened the door and it was suhani who wanted to go shopping

"Shopping in the morning, we can go in the evening."

"It's already 10:00 and I will be busy with saba in the evening so if you aren't willing I can go with someone else."

"No, no Just wait for 15 minutes I will be ready."

I closed the door and went for a fresh shower. I was doing everything in so hurry and even I didn't know why?"

I was almost ready at the given time and with some sprays of deodorant, I became completely prepared. I came out of the room and started to look for Suhani. She was waiting for me in the car. I went to the car directly and to my surprise, she was already sitting in the driving seat.

"You know to drive? then you could go alone for shopping."

"But I don't know the market of Lucknow. Saba said to me You had spent your childhood here so I asked you to come."

"I explored the city when I was a kid. Now I really don't have any idea about the market."

"Hey sit and relax We have enough time to explore."

I sat on the seat but again with a smiling face I whispered

"Are you sure about driving?"

This annoyed her and after closing the door she replied

"I will show you my driving skill today!"

She started the engine and began to increase the accelerator. Earlier the speed was not that swift but when she got a blank road she increased the speed to a higher extent and I was surprised by her endeavour. She started to chrotle after looking my that expression but at that moment from nowhere, a goat came in front of the car. After seeing the goat I jumped over the stirring and breaks but the instant the car stopped the goat was already crushed under the wheel.

We both came out of the car to see the condition of the goat and it was horrific. Her body was sliced like salad and blood was everywhere. I looked around and found that some people from a bit far were coming toward us. I told Suhani to sit back in the car. She was frightened by that accident and so she didn't respond. Watching her standing like a statue I told her to sit in the car again. She responded this time quickly and sat in the car and we both moved out from there.

The incident gave both of us goosebumps. I looked at suhani she was still frightened and her hands were shivering. Seeing her so frightened I decided to stop in a Dhaba. I went inside it and purchased two cups of tea and a bottle. I came out with the cups and offered one cup to Suhani

"Hey relax! It was just an accident and thank god it was just a goat, not a kid or someone."

She drank a sip of water and said

"Yeah! You are right, I was such mad to drive the car so rashly"

"Hey it's ok now don't overthink about it, we have a lot for shopping."

She washed her face with the rest of the water and drank the tea. I was even shocked by that accident but still, I was acting casually so that Suhani feels better.

After completing the tea we both sat in the car. to get a good vibe I even played some rock music and asked her where to go first? She insisted me to take her to any mall so that she could buy some cool clothes.

The rest of the day we spent enjoying. We Tried a lot of clothes, shoes, sunglasses and other clothing stuff. I never expected such enjoyment after that incident. After filling our shopping bags we finally got back to home around 2 pm with a tired but cheerful face. The beginning of the day was horrific it didn't end like that.