Chapter VII: A Weird Advice

The next day was the main marriage day! That day groom comes to her bride's home with his family and friends and that ceremony is generally referred to as "Baraat". They stay for the whole day and perform nikkah in the evening. A nikah is a contract between two people. Both the groom and the bride are to consent to the marriage of their own free wills. A formal, binding contract – verbal or on paper – is considered integral to a religiously valid Islamic marriage, and outlines the rights and responsibilities of the groom and bride. After performing nikah the groom returns to his home taking her bride.

The groom's family had to be quite busy that day coz they had to attend so many guests that day. Being the brother of saba I also had the responsibility of taking care of guests. The whole day was kinda busy so it passed rapidly. The Baraat returned in the night around 9 pm and we all were finally freed.

I was to leave home the next day so I thought of meeting with suhani for the last time. The time was around 10:30 pm so I texted her to meet me if she can at the terrace. She replied back telling "Ok I am coming"

She came to the terrace after a few minutes.

"So ! How was today did you enjoy it?" she asked

"Yeah! It was awesome, met so many awesome people and talking with them felt good. I am gonna miss it." I replied

"I am leaving Tomorrow morning. So this gonna be my last night here." I added

"I am also leaving tomorrow morning! Gonna miss this place" She said

Then there was silence between us for a few minutes

I looked above the sky and said "hey look at those stars Aren't they beautiful?"

She said "yes they look so beautiful"

"You know when I was a kid my dad would show me the stars and say, son in your life, you will get so many clear nights where you will be able to see such twinkling stars and you will appreciate those stars for giving comfort to your eyes. but some nights you will also find the Blurry sky covered by different clouds and you may not like that. But still, you shall appreciate those clouds because clouds also have their own beauty which a star can never replicate." I said

"Yeah! Life is all about small and big events, in the virtues of celebrating big events we somehow neglect the smaller ones." She supported my statement by saying this

There were again a few minutes of silence between us

Finally, I suggested getting down from the terrace because the night was becoming more darker and we went back to our respective rooms.

Irfan was already in the room. On seeing me entering the room he asked me about the timing of the train to which I replied "3:30 am"

"That means we had to leave around 2:45 am,"
he thought something and again said

" hey it's already 11:30 do you wanna sleep or play games we haven't played it for so long"

I also agreed to his suggestion of playing games. He connected his PlayStation and we started playing a shooter game. I would enjoy playing video games with Irfan he was a good competitor for me and he would always play with all of his efforts.

We both played games around 2 am and then I finally decided to pack up my things and get a little freshened up for the journey. After that, we went downstairs Irfan started the car engine and we started to travel towards the station. While travelling Irfan asked me:-

"Hey Adil, do you actually love Suhani?"

That question was kinda weird for me so I also answered quite confusingly

"I don't know about love but yeah I find her quite charming."

Irfan stopped the car turned toward me and said

"Adil we had spent our childhood together and you probably know me better I guess. I never give any advice to anybody but I wanna give you an advice."

"Yeah, sure! but what's the advice" I said

"Stay away from that girl Suhani. She ain't a good lady and please don't ask me why?"

He said this and started the car. I couldn't say anything after that. my lips were sealed after listening to those words. It was so weird for Irfan to say that in such a serious tone coz most of the time I would see him smiling.

We reached the station. The train was at its right time so I didn't have to face boredom at the station. I did goodbye to Irfan and entered my designated coach of the train. Sitting on the seat of train I thought about those words of Irfan my whole journey. In the end, I somehow found a rough conclusion "that she must have done some childish act with Irfan in school as every kid do and Irfan has put that in his mind so rashly" to give peace to my brain.