Chapter XVIII: An Unsolicited family

In that following week, I took my flight and reached happily to Kolkata. The whole Journey I felt so excited for various reasons like meeting Suhani and Tiya, getting to taste the Indian food and many more but the main reason I was feeling so excited was that I could meet Mimi finally.

The next morning I reached Kolkata and within a couple of hours, I was present at Suhani's place. At that moment Suhani was watching tv with Mimi and Tiya was at her office busy with her professional life. Suhani would go to her Academy at noon after Tiya would return home.

On reaching Suhani's place, Suhani welcomed me happily and flew towards the kitchen to make some tasty snacks. Mimi was giving me a weird gaze with her fluffy face coz I was completely a stranger to her. She was just a year old baby at that time so she was unable to walk and would move from one corner of the house to another corner by efficient sliding.

I kept my luggage in the store room and went for a bath. After the bath, I came back to the hall to taste the snacks Suhani was preparing. She came out of the kitchen holding so many plates and bowls containing cookies, chips, bhujia, mangoes and tons of sweets.

Seeing that I said, "you planning to kill me by indigestion."

"No, I am just completing your two years quota, See you have already become so skinny," Suhani replied

She served them and I started having some bites of them, Mimi was staring to the plates and also to my face. After a few minutes, she gathered a little courage and came beside me and started pulling some food bowls from the table with her small hands. She was looking so cute doing that. I pulled her up and made her sit on my lap and gave her a cookie from the plate. She sat comfortably and started eating that.

In my life, I never had any experience with small kids as I didn't have any siblings or any neighbours having small kids and, to be very honest, I would always feel discomfort seeing a small kid around me but that wasn't the case with Mimi she was so adorable that even satan would fall in love with her.

After the snacks, Mimi became quite friendly with me and we started to play peekaboo with each other. Tiya came back from her office around 2 pm and Suhani exited for her dance academy.

Tiya was still the same her character, her aura, and her emotions were still coinciding with that old Tiya I met last time.

After refreshing herself she served lunch and after lunch, we had a ton of conversation. I would generally enjoy talking with Tiya coz she was kinda a philosophical girl and a conversation with her would never feel like a conversation it would always feel like a debate and therefore the conversation would go for hours without any conclusions. That day after a long conversation about debateful stuff I remembered that I need to find a place for spending my next two months so I asked her

"Will I get a flat for two months in Kolkata around my office region?"

"Getting a flat for a couple of months will be tough but you can certainly find a room for rent." She replied

"Do you know somebody who can help me find a room?" I asked

"I will tell Suhani she would certainly know someone" she replied.

In the evening when Suhani returned from her academy I asked her about it. She replied that I will easily get a room but it will take 1-2 days to find a suitable one.

I didn't have any issues with that coz I had to join my office on Monday and Mimi was always there to make me giggle with her innocent actions.

The next day I and suhani went to lookout some rooms that were insisted by her colleagues. After checking out a few places I found a room that seemed cool to me, it was on the first floor, and a park could be seen from its window the room was well furnished and was in good condition also. We finalized the rent with the owner and then returned to Suhani's home.