Chapter XX: Aditi

Present day:

Today is an auspicious day, not only for me but also for Mimi coz today is her 5th birthday and she is so excited to cut the cake. I am sitting in the chair staring at her beautiful eyes which would always give me a feeling of excitement and serenity.

It has been two years since Tiya's death and I always miss her presence. After she died, for a few months I spent in despair and depression cursing my soul every day for all those lame efforts that I did to bring both of them together. My mental state would take years to comprehend but for Mimi, I had to forget all that and start my life again.

My life right now has only two dimensions one is my work which I do with utmost interest and second is Mimi whose smile every day enriches my soul with happiness. Our relationship has not only changed but it had also become stronger. She would now refer to me by saying 'dad' and I would now refer to her by saying 'Aditi'. Yeah, the initials of Adil and Tiya. That name was not only the name Tiya wanted but also, a relation that I shared with Tiya. It was the relationship that we never expressed or you can say the relationship that we never had to express.

Aditi was not a name, it was a bond that might be blurry but yet it was strong.

Every time I would call "Aditi" it would not only refresh my mind with the sweet memories of mine and Tiya but would also remind me that a 'blurry bond existed between us'

The end