Chapter XVII: Life At USA

The next week I flew to the USA and as expected a new chapter of my life started. The new office was so luxurious here that sometimes I myself wouldn't believe that I work in such a wonderful place. Housing there was kinda expensive so I and one of my colleagues named 'Cole' rented a flat together.

Cole was a very friendly guy. His dad was from the USA and his mom was from France. He had three siblings and he was the youngest. His family was well settled in Nevada. Her mom was a cook in a restaurant and so from a very early age, Cole also became passionate about cooking though he couldn't pursue cooking as a career he would always be obsessed to cook different types of dishes and mostly french cuisine.

I spent around two years in the USA. I enjoyed the working culture there, the people there were super co-operative and even work pressure was less. During that tenure the cooking virus of Cole also attacked me. I don't know how but I also got obsessed with cooking. Most of the time when I was free I would be busy cooking a new recipe from a magazine or any food blog. On Sunday evenings, I and Cole would cook a new recipe together most of the time I would try making French cuisine and he would make Indian cuisine. After cooking our food we both would sit at the dining table and rate each other's food. Sometimes it would taste very delicious and sometimes inedible!

During that period many incidents took place in Tiya and Suhani's life too. The doctor suggested that Tiya be the mother of the kid coz Suhani met an accident just a few months ago and therefore She was less competent to carry the pregnancy. Every process of artificial insemination was done efficiently and Tiya confirmed her pregnancy just after a couple of weeks. During her pregnancy, She took off from her office and Suhani also cooperated throughout that period. With the blessing of God, the delivery of the baby became successful and she gave birth to a cute girl like her.

They kept her name, Mimi as it was the name of Suhani's mother. Suhani would always miss the presence of her mother and to nullify that void she named that baby Mimi.

They would always request me to come to Kolkata someday and spend a few days with their new family and somewhat I also wanted to see Mimi with my naked eyes but my job didn't allow me to do that.

I didn't have much trouble staying in the USA and I would certainly spend some more years of my life there but the thing that stood very unfavourable for me was the limited vacations. The company would allot two holidays every week and one day holiday during the festivals. We weren't allowed to take long leaves only if any medical emergency occurrred. Due to the shortage of long holidays, it became tough for me to meet my mom and dad even once a year.

Mom also got a few medical problems and she would always go through any kind of ailments every month. It would become tough for dad to take care of mom and the house altogether.

So after working in new jersey for a tenure of two years. I applied application for shifting me back to Delhi.

It was my good luck that the application got accepted and I got my transfer letter within a week. The letter pronounced that I was temporarily getting transferred to Kolkata's office for two months as the manager of theirs had an unexpected demise due to a brain haemorrhage. After two months I will be finally shifted to Delhi branch.

That letter gave me a huge relief and after completing it I started to have farewell dance with cole. I also called Suhani and informed her about my transfer and started to pack my luggage for my departure.

Blurry Bond Between UsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara