Chapter VIII: Concealed Truth

That year was the last year of my college, I was kinda happy coz soon I would be free from the crowd of assignments and tests.

For the following few months, I couldn't meet suhani, I was busy doing my college work the whole day and even no such events came where we could meet. We would chat and talk on call sometimes.

One day while talking with suhani on call she said that she had her birthday next week and she will celebrate with some of her college mates in a nearby pub. She also invited me to the party. I was quite bored that month so I agreed with her proposal.

On the evening of her birthday, I purchased a beautiful hand watch as a gift and went to the pub I was told. The place was booked for a few hours so there were only a few friends of suhani. Suhani was wearing a red gown embroidered with golden flowers and that dress was pulling out all her beauty. I went towards her and handed her the gift saying "happy birthday beautiful girl." She replied to me saying "thanks" and told me that now only Tiya was left to come and when she will come we will do the cake cutting ceremony.

The other few minutes went on normal chit-chat with other friends of suhani. After a few minutes, Tiya also arrived wearing an ethnic Ghagra. I had always seen her in normal outfits so I was quite impressed by her that dress.

On entering Tiya, Suhani shouted saying

"Yo people our queen has come let's cut the cake"

We all gathered around the table and started clapping by saying "happy birthday suhani."

After the cake-cutting ceremony, we started dancing to some rock music.

That was the first day of my life that I was so fucking happy and the reason was that Suhani was dancing with me. I know it was kinda weird and I felt the same but I didn't mind much and went with the flow. After around an hour of dancing, Suhani suggested that we should have dinner.

We went to the parlour and took the food according to our desire and then we went around a corner to complete our food. While having food Suhani asked me to look at Tiya. I turned around and became dumbfounded seeing her in that attire. She was holding a bottle of whisky and was quite overdrunked! She was also dancing with all her energy like a pendulum.

I told Suhani to go and get her or she might get katzenjammer drinking that much alcohol but Suhani didn't say anything. She thought for a sec, hold my hand and took me to the washroom.

"Hey I wanted to tell you something for a long time but I couldn't. I think now the time has come to tell u that" She said

I was confused but my Romeo soul suggested to me that she gonna propose to you, so I stepped back and said "yeah I love you too!"

She Laughed listening to this and then said

"My boy you need to calm down first. I surely love you but if you say romantically then I don't."

Then she hold my hand and said

"Listen I am a queer! My romantic emotion only goes for girls and I figured this out when I was in 7th standard. I did talk to my dad about it and being a doctor he even told me that people don't decide who they're attracted to, it's just a biological phenomenon. A therapy, treatment, or persuasion won't change a person's sexual orientation. So I decided to accept what I am"

I didn't have any words to speak so I kept quiet. Seeing me quiet Suhani said

"I do have a huge crush on Tiya since we were in school and I never got the guts to propound my love in front of her but seeing her that angry today I think that the time has come for me to show my love to her."

I couldn't speak any words but I don't know what kind of chemical reactions happened in my brain that made my eyes fill with tears.

Seeing me cry Suhani hugged me and said

"Hey, Adil don't cry. I know my words had given pain to your heart and I am really sorry for that but trust me I am gonna find somebody who will give you love much more than I could give."

Suhani wanted to say something more but before she could say Tiya entered the washroom and saw suhani hugging me. She became so furious and infuriated and Jumped on me with her frenzied attack.

"Don't you dare to go close to her you piece of shit. She is only mine and she deserves only mine love."

Suhani tried to control her anger and pulled her back with all her effort.

Listening to such a loud sound other friends of Suhani also came to the washroom.

I felt quite mortified by Tiya's behaviour and so I decided to leave the place.