1: "think of yourself."

Your eyes open as you look around your room. You this will be your last day in Abnegation, today is the test and tomorrow is the choosing ceremony, and there is no way you will pick Abnegation. You never help people you just think about doing it until someone tells you to do so. You get dressed, there's only three outfits in your dresser so you pick this one:

and head downstairs

and head downstairs. Your mum brushes your h/l, h/c hair and curls it into a bun.

"Lauren?" you mhmmed. "Are you nervous?" You inhaled deeply.

"No. Where you, for your test?" you mum shook her head and mmm-mmed

"No. I was terrified. But I didn't have any reason to be and neither do you." She kissed you on the head.

You walked to school with all your friends thinking about the test. You were scared it was going to say you didn't belong in Abnegation, but you were even more scared it would. Your friends were repeating the three words, trust the test, like a mantra. You, your best friend, Beatrice and her brother, Caleb stood in line waiting and talking when this Candor boy walked over.

"Hey. So all the food that we're not getting, you guys are giving to the Factionless? Right? Yeah?" there were a couple of people who said yeah and some mumbles of agreement. "You're a liar. Why are you lying to me? Everybody knows you keep it for yourselves. So why don't you just admit it?" this guy was getting on your nerves who was he to say this stuff. "Huh? I'm talking to you. Are all you stiffs deaf or somethin'? Hey!" he shoved one of the Abnegation. Beatrice moved to stand up for them but Caleb stopped her but there was nothing stopping you.

"What's your problem man? We are selfless, we give to the Factionless. You clearly aren't picking Candor because you are talking lies."

"Whoa. Al'ight don't get all like that."

"Then don't shove my friends and insult my Faction. Now piss off." He walked off his friends looking at you in disgust but you just put your middle finger up and walked off. Caleb, who was like your older brother, looked at you in horror and Beatrice silently high-fived you. Then a train approached and everyone watched as Dauntless came cheering and whooping, jumping off it while it moved and then running straight in.

The only lesson you had today was history and it was so dull a woman from Erudite droned on about the test and choosing ceremony. One she shut up you went off to your test.

You looked at Beatrice as she mothed good luck. You gave her a small wave and entered the room.

There were mirrors along one wall and the rest of the room was white, a Dauntless woman was typing on a computer in the middle of the room next to a chair.

"What is it with you Abnegation and mirrors?"

"We reject vanity." You replied, slightly embarrassed.

"Yeah. I know. Sit down." You at on the chair in the middle of the room as she readied some kind of drink. "I'm Tori. I'll be administering your test. You'll be offered a series of choices until you get one result." She said as she readied the chair. "I wouldn't sweat it. 95% get the faction of their origin and by the looks of you..." she handed you a beaker with clear liquid inside.

"What is it?"

"Bottoms up." You drank it, your vision dimmed and then there was only you and the chair in the room. You walked to yourself in the mirror. When you looked away the amount of you multiplied until there where thousands. One tapped you on the shoulder and said,

"Choose." You looked at the pedestals that had meat and a knife on. "Now. Before it's too late."

"Why? What am I going to do with them?" you asked.

"Choose." The mirror of you said.

"Just tell me." A big, aggressive dog began to bark from behind you. You looked back to see there wasn't anything on the pedestals anymore. The dog jumped but you moved out of the way, your heart rate was so fast, you didn't know what to do. You thought of an idea and prayed it would work. You sank to your knees as the dog came at you, you bowed your head. It turned into a little puppy.

A young girl appeared. "Puppy." Then the dog was back to being big and aggressive, as it chased the girl. You didn't want to hurt her or the dog so you chased it until you threw yourself in front of the dog and moved the girl away. Then you woke up, panting hard.

"Get up. We're going out the back door before a supervisor comes." Tori grabbed your arm.

"What? What happened? What did I get?"

"Come on." She dragged to the door. "You're going to tell your family that the serum made you sick and that I sent you home, okay?"

"No. What was my result?"

"Abnegation." She paused, my eyes widened in horror, it couldn't be, I didn't want that. "And Erudite. And Candor. And Dauntless."

"What does it mean?"

"Your results were inconclusive."

"That's impossible. It doesn't make any sense."

"No. Not impossible. Just very rare. They call it 'Divergent'. You can't tell anyone, not even your parents. As far as the world is concerned you got abnegation because that's what I manually entered."

"So what do I do tomorrow. This was supposed to tell me what to pick. We're supposed to trust the test."

"The test didn't work on you. You have to trust yourself." She shoved you out and you walked home. Later on you made dinner and your family were chatting away, at the end of dinner as you where tiding up your dad said,

"Don't take too long in here. You need a good night's sleep... For tomorrow." He paused. "I ummm... we love you." You all hugged.

Your mum said to your before you left, "Lauren, tomorrow when you choose, you have to think of the family, but you also have to think of yourself."

1042 words

A/n:

Alright folks, that's part one of Peter x reader. I hope y'all liked it. It was fun to write and  I'm enjoying an excuse to watch Divergent for the hundredth time. Please vote and comment on what y'all thought and if you liked it.

(09/10/22) there are some new edits on this but there is nothing major just little grammar stuff.

Love Ocean