6: 'Something like that.'

A/n:

realised some plot hole here so this chapter has been edited to complete them sorry xx

You got back to the dorm and let go of each other, as soon as the door opened and you walked in there were cheers and Chris was laughing.

"You do have a death wish." Christina said.

"I can't believe you said that to Eric." Will said, laughing.

"You're the only one who's every stood up to him." Tris said clapping you on the back.

"Hey, Y/n." Molly said walking up to you. "that was cool."

"Thanks." You all started sniggering.

"Impressive, Y/n. Congrats." Dan said, ever since you and Peter had gotten closer Dan had become the resident bully and git.

"Shut up." Will said shoving Dan.

"What? Hey, you're famous now. I mean, not because of the thing with Eric. You're in the news. Yeah, listen:

'The recent transfers of Y/n Turner (formerly know as Lauren Turner), child of Y/d/n Turner (council man), and Beatrice and Caleb Prior, children of Andrew Prior (fellow council man) call into question the soundness of Abnegation's teachings and values. What prompted her to leave? Perhaps the answer lies in the corrupted ideal of an entire faction. The theft of resources, the general incompetence, the abuse of their children.'

I never fitted in but you, Tris and Caleb, you were poster children for Abnegation."

Whispers spread round the room.

"Maybe they beat her, like Marcus Eatons kid?" a random girl whispered.

"Remember, he transferred two years ago? It was all over the news." her friend said.

"They didn't beat anyone. They're good people." You yelled.

"Right. And that's why you left?" a tall blonde boy called from near the showers. You glared I his direction and flipped him off. Turning around to hide your tears, you walked off with your friends following. "Was it something I said?" he laughed.

"They're idiots." Christina said as you left.

"Yeah. That's okay." You didn't want to seem sad in front of them.

"What's she doing at Dauntless?" Al's attention was caught by a tall woman in Erudite clothes. Jeanine.

"Turner. You're Y/d/n Turner's daughter, aren't you? Lauren.

"It's just Y/n now."

"Y/n, I like that. Hmm. You made an impressive choice, Y/n, despite your parents. And your test result." A worried expression crossed your face.

"You've seen my test result?" you tried to calm yourself and stop shaking.

"Of course. I'm glad you were smart enough to know your own mind." She flashed a smile. "Let me know if you ever need anything." She walked off leaving them to think about her strange words.

"Well, that was weird." Al looked over to Jeanine.

"Yeah." Christina said.

"What do you think is goin' on?"

"I bet they're hunting Divergents. That's all they talk about at Erudite these days." Will said, he was handy when you wanted insider on Erudite.

"Wait. Divergents are real?" Al said stopping, as you walked off laughing.

"Come on, Al." Christina said, grabbing his arm and dragging him after you.

*next training session*

"First fight. Dan versus Tris."