18: "You won't die."

*regaining conscience*

You were in on the floor and a man held a gun to your head.

"Get up." He said in a monotone voice. You got on your knees. "Enough." Said the voice. You readied yourself for the shot but it didn't come.

You heard three thumps and opened your eyes to see the Dauntless men around you on the ground.

(y/m/h/c- your mum's hair colour y/m/n- your mum's name)

(And a quick reminder that Andrew and Natalie are Tris' parents.)

Two women, one with y/m/h/c the other with brown hair, came out of the shadows, a girl with dull blonde hair following. A pair of strong arms pick you up and run with you. They don't feel like a man's arms but you could be wrong. Suddenly you hear shooting. You feel stronger and get out of the arms and look at who it was.

"Mrs Prior?" she nodded and pointed her gun towards another member of the pack. "Tris?" She nods and then laughs as she sees your top. "What?" you look down and see blood spilling past your sleeveless jacket, down your arm from the bullet in your right shoulder and she takes her jacket off. She has a matching wound in her left. You laugh.

You have matching tattoos on your shoulders. On the left you both have Abnegation's symbol and the right Dauntless. Her Abnegation symbol is difficult to see as her would is above it and the blood has dripped down, covering her tattoo in a jelly layer of blood. You assume your Dauntless symbol looks much the same.

You run towards the city without any help from Mrs Prior but it's only when you turn a corner that you notice the woman in front of you.

"Mum?" you ask. She shoots a Dauntless man coming round the corner. "You were Dauntless." You remember all the signs. And she nods. Her hair is down but there is something strange about it, as she turns her head you see what. The side of her head is shaven and a tattoo can be seen now.

It is a tree with flames instead of leaves and hands instead of roots. Surrounding it are hordes of butterflies. You smile. At your home in Abnegation there had always been butterflies everywhere, that's why your first tattoo had two butterflies on it, one for your mum and one for your dad.

You realise something. Not only was your mum Dauntless, but also Divergent. The tree for Amity, the hands for Abnegation and the flames for Dauntless. You smiled at her.

"Yeah. And it served me well today."

"Is Dad okay?"

"Yeah. He and Andrew led a group over to Monroe and State. We will meet him there." You hear Dauntless running towards you and the two mothers confer.

"We are going this way to draw them away from you girls. Run to your fathers, do not come back for us. Okay?"

"No." Tris says and you shake your head. "We're not leaving you."

"You have to. Now run." Natalie said. "Come on y/m/n." She mouthed 'I love you' to you and ran. Before you knew what was happening Tris went after them. You couldn't bring yourself to follow. You knew they'd die and if you did too then it would be for nothing.

A/n:

This chapter is in four sections from here. All four sections are the same chapter just from different views. Some are shorter than others. This might be a long chapter. (and im sorry)

*Tris pov*

I ran after my mother, leaving Y/n behind. It wasn't that I wanted to leave her, injured and alone but I couldn't let my mother go without me. Either we both make it or we both don't. Or she does. I'm not letting her go. So I ran after her covering her and y/m/n as they ran towards a building. My shoulder had begun to ache with the weight of the gun but I was trying to ignore it.