9: "You're already dead."

"My whole body was covered in these little insects. They were in my throat and my mouth, I couldn't breathe." Christina shuddered at the thought and Will hugged her to him.

"Yeah, I heard that there was this guy, like two years ago, and he was so frightened he had a heart attack in his chair. He almost died."

"What!" Chris said terrified.

"That's what you got to look forward to." You said nodding to Chris. Everyone chuckled.

"Hey, you didn't seem to have any troubles at all."

"What me?" You asked, gueninly confused. "No, no, no. My God. It was awful. I screamed the whole time."

"Oh come on no one even came close to your time." Al said. "You were amazing." Dan and Tris came over. Ever since the rankings in stage one Tris had buddied up with Dan, not hanging out with you anymore.

"Yeah what's amazing is that she's going to knock you right out of Dauntless." Tris said snidely to Al.

"She's not going to knock me out of Dauntless." Al said but there was an edge of uncertainty to his voice.

"Look, she's gone from one of the worst to one of the best. Someone's gotta take her spot at the bottom." Dan said. "Who's it gonna be? You."

"Do you two ever stop talking?"

"We just wanna know how she does it. What's your trick?"

"I don't have a trick." You said, face blank.

"Nobody gets through it that fast. Why don't you tell us how you do it?" you looked at Tris with a blank expression. "Huh. Well at least tell your friends."

"What are they talking about?" Chris asked.

"Is there some way to make it easier?" Al looked at you imploringly. You shook your head.

"No." Chris and Will shared a look. "No, I'm- I'm no- I'm not doing anything." You stammered.

*time skip to your next fear sim*

There was a pipe that came into the room and a big red button, you couldn't resist. You pressed it. Suddenly the walls fell away and became glass and everyone laughed as water poured into the box. You screamed and banged on the glass trying desperately to get out.

You were up to your neck in water now and it was seeping into your mouth as you screamed. You took one last breath and sped under the water as you went to the glass you saw yourself laughing. Your refection stopped laughing and whispered with a smile,

"It's not real." So you tapped the glass and it broke.

You shot up panting, and still screaming, back in the sim room, Four looked over to you confused, worried.

"How'd you do that?" you raised an eyebrow at him, confused. "How'd you get out?"

"I don't know." He sat down.

"What were your test results?" Your heart skipped a beat. He couldn't know. How could he know? "Your aptitude test."

"Abnegation." You tried not to portray anything.

"I don't think so."

"Huh?"

"I think your lying to me."

"Why would I lie to you? It's not like I care."

"I'm asking one more time. What were your test results?"

"Abnegation. Can I go?" he glared but nodded and you made your way to the door.

Peter was waiting outside he looked worried.

"What was that about?" he asked as you stormed past him, already in a bad mood and very worried. Four must be onto you and you weren't sure if you could trust him. You knew the way he and Tris looked at each other, There was no other way to say it, it was love. "Y/n?" You shook your head.

"What?" You didn't mean to sound pissed but you did and you were, just not with Peter.

"Whoa! Calm down. I'm just worried. You screamed more than last time."

"Sorry I... I'm just a bit shaken. Excuse me." You shoved past him and went towards the pit. Once you did your fear sim you were done for the day. You needed to speak with Tori.

*Time skip to when you are in tattoo place with Tori*

"My brother was like you. During the second stage he got good really fast. Last day of the simulations, one of the Dauntless leaders came to watch him..." She trailed off. "The next morning, we found his body at the bottom of the chasm. They got rid of him."

"Who? Dauntless leadership?"

"Yeah. You can't let them find out what you are." Your thoughts flicked to Four, tears began to shine in your eyes.

"And what if... what if they already know?"

"Then you're already dead."

730 words.

A/n:

a short one, i know but it doesn't fit with what i have in mind for the next part so i need to stop it there. How are y'all enjoying it? Is it good or bad?

Love y'all Ocean