4: "For your sake, I hope so."

You, Al, Will, Chris and Tris all walked into the tattoo parlour. Christina picked a tattoo and was talking about where she should get with Will as they flirted. Al was showing Tris the tattoo he wanted but she was preoccupied with something. You just assumed she'd seen someone she knew, like how you had seen Uriah and Dan who must have come together but things looked tense between the two. You decided to go step in and see what was up.

"Hey boys. What you up to?" they both looked at you and then saw the other looking and turned away. No one was telling you anything and it was pissing you off. "Alright if someone doesn't tell me what's going on I'll break your arm," you said looking at Uriah, "and your soul." You said looking at Dan. They still were silent. You grabbed Uriah's arm and twisted it behind his back. "One more inch and it'll break. You wanna bet I can? Bet your 5th ranking place in Dauntless?" As you pulled it a tiny bit higher Uriah's face twisted in pain.

"Ow. Okay. Okay. I concede. I'll tell. Let me go." You let his arm go and he rubbed his shoulder. That's when you saw there was three, Peter was standing behind them. "It's nothing to do with me. I walked in and there was Peter and Dan yelling at each other and I blinked and they were throwing punches. I grabbed peter and threw him at the bathroom and then tried to find out what was happening from Dan. Then we came here."

"So what was it they were fighting about?"

"That's something they should tell you." Uriah walked off to get a tattoo.

"Explain." You glared straight at Dan, but in the corner of your eye you saw Peter try and walk off. "Peter get your ass over here because one of you is telling me the bloody truth if I have to beat it out of you."

"Huh." Peter laughed.

"What?" You spat.

"I got ranked 4th and Dan was 6th yet we're being threatened by the girl in 32." Dan laughed as well. You ran at Peter and rugby tackled him to the floor. You started punching him and he tried his best to block them but he failed miserably. When you saw blood you stopped and went over to Dan. You shoved his head into your knee and broke his nose.

"How's that for a bloody threat?!" you walked off to pick a tattoo. You didn't see Tris, you assumed she had left while the fight happened. Chris and Will were making out in the corner where they thought no one could see them. You weren't sure what had happened to Uriah, and you didn't care what happened to Peter or Daniel. You had begun to think that Peter might be a friend, maybe even more than that, but you had been wrong.

You looked at the tattoos and then one caught your eye. It was an infinity symbol with two butterflies on one side and the words be brave be Dauntless on the other.

 It was an infinity symbol with two butterflies on one side and the words be brave be Dauntless on the other

The tattoo spoke to you. The two butterflies resembled your parents, who you left behind at Abnegation and the infinity that you would never forget them. The writing showed you was Dauntless now and you weren't changing, ever. You took it to the nearest artist, you thought you recognised her but you couldn't remember until you tapped her on the shoulder and she whipped round, that same scared expression she had when you woke from the sim.

"Tori?" She nodded, clearly shaken.

"Lauren, right?"

"It's y/n now."

"Cute. What do you want?"

"This tattoo, please. And to ask you something."

"I just do tattoos." She looked away at the table, just like the first time they had met. She set up the tattoo and gestured to the chair.

"Can I just ask you one thing?" you asked when sat in the chair.

"You made a mistake choosing Dauntless. They'll find out about you here. Both of you." Her voice dropped to a mutter.

"Who? Who will? And both?"

"The people you're a threat to." Tori said, ignoring the last question.

"What, Dauntless?"

"No, society. If you don't fit into a category, they can't control you."

"I don't get it. I'm Dauntless. I chose it."

"For your sake, I hope so." She pulled the pad off your wrist and revealed the tattoo. It was beautiful.

744 words.

A/n:

Sorry bout the short chapter but the next part of the film just didn't feel like it fit in the same chapter as the tattoos. I hope you like the readers tattoo. if you don't then sorry.

Love Ocean