2: "Good riddance."

A/n:

for the future of this chapter sorry if your name is Lauren. I'll add a comment to that section with the Lauren version.

You walked into the Choosing Ceremony hall. The five factions where split into five sections. You walked with your parents to Abnegation, when you sat down you noticed Beatrice talking with a woman from Erudite, it looked like she was being rude given the look on Caleb's face so you mentally high-fived her.

The Erudite woman got up on stage and gave a speech:

"The faction system is a living being composed of cells, all of you. And the only way it can survive and thrive is for each of you to claim your rightful place. The future belongs to those who know where they belong."

Marcus, head of Abnegation and friend of your parents, go up on stage.

"When we leave this room you will no longer be dependents, but fully fledged members of our society. Faction before blood." Everyone repeated "faction before blood."

The calling went in reverse alphabetical order. As Turner you would go before Prior and you and Beatrice had a pact, whatever you pick, she picks. A boy tapped you on the shoulder, you recognised him as the boy who was being shoved by the Candor.

"Hey." He whispered.

"Hi." You said.

"I'm Daniel and I wanted to thank you for what you did."

"No problem, Daniel." He fiddled with his hands. "What is it?"

"You're picking before me aren't you?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Can I pick whatever you pick?" You thought and then whispered to Beatrice who nodded.

"Yeah. See you in our new faction."

"Lauren Turner." Your heart froze as your heard Marcus call out your name. You stood up and your mum whispered to you,

"Remember that you are my daughter, and no matter what, I love you."

You walked down to the front of the hall where all the bowls where. There was a bowl for each faction; Amity had dirt in theirs, Erudite had water, Abnegation had pebbles, Candor had glass and Dauntless had hot coals. In front of the bowls there was a knife. You picked it up and cut you hand, holing it in a fist above Abnegation for a moment, then Erudite, then you let the blood drip into Dauntless.

"Dauntless." There was a gasp from Abnegation and Dauntless whooped and cheered. You grabbed a plaster and sat down with the Dauntless. Some more people where called but you weren't listening. You were waiting for Caleb and Beatrice and Daniel to be called.

"Caleb Prior." He stood up, walked to the front and in on swift move sliced his hand and dripped the blood in Erudite. Another gasp arose from Abnegation and his parents looked heart broken. That's when you realised that they were losing both their children to other factions, but you knew they knew that when you chose.

"Beatrice Prior." She stood up and walked slowly to the front while mummers and mutters about Caleb surrounded her. She cut her hand and dripped into Dauntless. Everyone cheered as Beatrice came and sat on your lap.

"Ooof. Your heavy." You prodded Beatrice.

"I'm not moving." While you two had been chatting and messing around Daniel had chosen Dauntless and he sat on Beatrice.

"God! Get off! You guys are so heavy!" they laughed and jumped up, it was the end of the ceremony and now you were Dauntless. As soon as you got outside the whole of Dauntless started running and cheering and you, Beatrice and Daniel raced after them, climbing up to the tracks. The train came and just before it got to you everyone began to run so you did too, racing down the tracks. You and Daniel where the last one on, Beatrice had gotten on at the middle and you were running out of track, Daniel jumped on and moved out of the way for you, holding out his hand. You took it and he pulled you up, grinning as he did. "What's so funny?" you ask him.