17: "Get rid of her."

You arrived at Abnegation and jumped off the train, Max came over to you and Eric with a questioning look on his face.

"Divergent?" Eric shook his head.

"No, family."

"I thought you were Erudite."

"Long story."

"So she's not been injected?"

"No."

"Keep her safe and if she dies it's on you." Eric nodded and max walked off to direct a group of soldiers to search some houses on the East side. Eric nodded his head towards a road and you followed.

Everywhere you looked there were Abnegation being shot and roughly handled by Dauntless. You held back a sob as you saw Tori shoot a man you recognised as an Abnegation leader. You remembered when you were little having dinner with that man, his wife, his two boys (same age as you), Tris' parents, Tris and Caleb.

Eric walked up a road past more Dauntless then stood in front of someone, stopping them. He was too tall for you to tell who it was so you moved round the other side and saw Tris. And Four. You slid next to Tris and squeezed her hand to show you were fine.

"The legendary Four. A mindless drone." You weren't sure if Eric was acting because Max had just shown up or if he really thought that. "You were first in your class. Now your... Nothing." Max laughed and Eric moved to leave. Then something caught his eye and he went back.

"What?" Max asked, voice harsher than ever. You noticed Tris had left your side and moved behind your brother. "Think he might be..." Max didn't want to say 'Divergent', like it was a curse or something.

"Only one way to find out." Eric drew his gun and put it to Four's forehead. Your heart began to race, you didn't want Four to be shot, but you didn't want to shoot your brother to stop it. "Say goodbye asshole." Your brother said.

"Goodbye." Tris said and drew her gun. Four went to shoot at Max but I had him already de-armed, a gun to his head.

"Don't fret Four. I got him." He looks at you confused but doesn't move. "Look, I don't want to see my friend get shot or my brother. I'd quite happily shoot Max right now and then let you guys play it out. But Tris, please know, shoot my brother and I will shoot you. Mkay?" She glared at you but you smile sweetly back at her.

"The stiff?" Eric says laughing, still not over the fact that Tris is Divergent. He looks to Four. "Two stiffs. Two dead stiffs." Four glares at Eric then you.

"Well looks like four dead stiffs to me." You realise Four must have assumed that Eric was an Abnegation he didn't meet when in Abnegation, since you were related. You know he wasn't.

"She's not gonna shoot me. And you're not gonna shoot her." The two men, no one man one boy, Four is only eighteen and Eric 24, were only talking to each other.

"Think you might be over estimating my character." Tris said, bringing them back to reality. Eric turned around and pushed her gun down, she pulled the trigger and shot him in the leg, he groaned and blindly punched at Four who was coming at you. You aimed your gun at Tris' hand and shot, missing as Four came at you. Four only punched you in the jaw and although you could feel the pain forming, making your eyes water, it wouldn't do permanent damage.

"Run." You yell at them, grabbing your brother's gun and apologising as you cover Four and Tris. Max got up and you let him shoot. Although you were in her side, she shot your brother, she deserved a shot. You did shoot in both the foot and arm so he couldn't run or shoot. Laughing you join the pack of Dauntless running at Four and Tris.

You don't want to shoot them even though you know Four and Tris will get caught but you can't help them if you are dead. And these people are innocent. You see Four clutching Tris protectively, blood spilling through his hand at her waist.

Suddenly Max got up and limped over. After a careful 10 seconds of thinking it over you yelled out some cuss and ran into the middle of the circle, shooting at hands and legs, nothing permanent and told Tris to run. She did. But Four didn't. He stayed and cover you, held you when you got shot.

Four Dauntless members got you and took you to your parents' house. You were worried, what had happened to them if their house was being used by Erudite and Dauntless. As they opened the door Jeanine turned around and looked, surprised at you.

"Tobias Eaton." She looked him over and smirked. You made a face, disgusted. "And you, Y/n. I thought it was intellect I was sensing in you."

"Maybe you're not as smart as you thought." Four spat.

"Why are you attacking innocent people?" you ask, desperate for Four to shut up before he got himself killed.

"Innocent people?" she looked at you confused. "Abnegation, if left unchecked, will destroy the faction system." She paused and looked at you and Four in turn with disgust. "Same could be said for both of you. Someone has to stop you. If we don't, the peace will be lost."

"It's already been lost. You destroyed it."

"...nature... Those of us with... ...called upon... ...the rest." You were dipping in and out of consciousness, losing a lot of blood, going limp. "It will last." You made an assumption she was talking about peace.

"What if your wrong?" you ask, breaths laboured. She ignored you and walked up to Four.

"Bring him with us." She said to a guard. Then she moved over to you. Your eyes were closed as you tried to focus on staying upright. She put a finger in a bullet wound on your shoulder.

You groaned, loudly. Then it morphed into a scream as she pushed. And then you sounded inhuman. There was pain coursing all over your body as she poked at your wounds. Shoulder, groan, scream, inhuman. Shoulder, groan, scream, inhuman. Your body convulsing into shapes that shouldn't be possible, like you had no bones. You were so tuned out you didn't notice Four yelling.

"She's injured. Results would be unclear." She laughed. "Get rid of her."

Four screamed, and elbowed the two men holding him in the face and ran a Jeanine. You tried to fight against the people holding you back so that you could help him as he was beaten. But you were too weak. Then it all went black.

1114 words.

A/n:

I got nothing to say really except that's the end of a chapter and hope yall are having a nice day/night!

love you guys,

Ocean xx