7: "about damn time!"

A/n: contrary to what i said last chapter this one is one of the longest yet. There is the capture the flag game and the zipwire bit and a party and the rankings all in one chapter. enjoy.

*at the abandoned fun fair*

*the game had begun*

"Where did Eric's team go?" Everyone was looking around, you had all got off together but Eric's team disappeared earlier.

"They must have gone to the end." Will said.

"All right. Lights off. Gather around. Come on." Once you were all gathered around him he got out the flag. "Okay. What's your strategy?"

"We can hide the flag well enough so they can't find it."

"Let's send out a team to scout their location. See if we can find their flag."

"I say we blitz them. Just..." Al said.

"Yeah, that's the best way to lose quickly." Uriah replied.

"Let's make them come to us. End this quickly, they won't expect it." Tris said, looking to Four.

"We don't know where they are." Will said rolling his eyes.

"Okay, we split into two groups, defence and offence." Chris said

"Who put you in charge?" Tris said.

"Someone has to make a decision."

"We need to be more aggressive." Al nodded but you were getting bored of their petty squabbles and walked over to the Ferris wheel.

"You're not gonna jump, are you?" You turned around to see Four.

"No, I'm just trying to get a good vantage point." You turned away and began to climb.

"Good thinking." He climbed after you.

"You don't have to come with me."

"You should go easy. You took a beating. And your ribs aren't good"

"I'm surprised you noticed. Or cared." You said, not stopping your climb.

"Why would you say that?"

"Cus everyone knows you and Tris."

"What?"

"You know what I-" you were cut off by one of the rungs breaking when you put your hand on it. Four grabbed you but you shook him off.

"I don't need your help." You said angrily as a pain shot through your rib. You kept climbing.

"Sorry. Are you okay? What about your ribs?" he saw you wince as you stretched your arm for the next rung.

"I'm fine." You kept going.

"This is high enough."

"Nah, we need to go higher." You climbed more but then realised there was no second pair of feet climbing. "You alright?" everything stopped a minute as realisation washed over you. "You're afraid of heights."

"Everyone's afraid of something."

"Yeah I know." You paused. "But the might Four, I mean... I didn't think you were afraid of anything." He huffed and climbed after you.

"Come one, Y/n. Really?" he asked as you got to the middle and climbed higher still. "Are you even human?"

"It's debatable." You both laughed as he tried to catch up with you. You stopped.

"This isn't so bad." Four looked down and mumbled. "Look! There it is." You pointed to the tower.

*down from Ferris wheel, arrival at tower*