Session #22 - In Vino Veritas

Montagne: "Harry made me squad leader for this sudden mission."

He pointed to a blue print on a table, the blue print and mapping of the University of Birmingham building. He moved several push pins with different colours, pointing at some buildings.

Montagne: "They are keeping hostages in the main library as the local authorities reported, in the thirdfloor, they tend to play vantage points. They got several marksman posted surrounding the main library. We will split to three groups: Marksmen to cover and neutralize enemy marksmen, the breach and charge group: to break in, clear the parameter, and evacuate the hostages, and medics will stay to provide medical assists and backups."

Montagne moved several push pins, sticking it on different locations.

Montagne: "The teaching and learning building, Muirhead tower, arts building, university centre, and the geography building. Glazkov, Pichon, Thorn, and Flament will clear them. That's why Harry ordered you to bring your DMRs."

Glaz, Twitch, Maverick, and Lion nodded.

Montagne: "And for Flament, I have another task for you. Set your drone up air, we need it for intel."

Lion: "Oui."

Montagne: "And the breach and charge team will storm the place once enemy marksmen have been neutralized. The breach and charge group will also divided into four teams: team Alpha led by me, we will attack from north side of the building, team Bravo led by Evans, will attack from the west side of the building, team Charlie led by Kötz, will attack from the east side of the building, and team Delta led by Kessikbayev, will attack from the south side of the building. Our task is simple: we will go in once enemy marksmen have been neutralized, breach and clear. Minimalize casualities, understand?"

The operators nodded in unison.

Montagne: "Okay."

Montagne puts his helmet and lowers his shield.

Montagne: "Let's save some lives."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The breach and charge groups have been succeeded entering the building. Guns blazing, bullets raining, grunts and screams can be heard in unison, filling University of Birmingham's main library building that day. In a corner of a room in the west side of the building Valkyrie grasping her left shoulder, her face was sweating bullets, her teeth clenched as she holding and enduring pain as a 5.56 bullet was lodged in her left shoulder.

Clash: "NOMAD! GET THOSE FUCKING MEDICS TO COME HERE, VALKYRIE HAS BEEN SHOT."

While taking cover from the gunshots from the White Masks, Nomad radioed the medic tent.

Nomad: "BRAVO 2-6 TO STARLIGHT, WE GOT A MAN DOWN, VALKYRIE HAS BEEN SHOT, NEED MEDEVAC ASAP."

Ace: "Negative Bravo 2-6, our hands are full. You have to come on your own."

Nomad: "Damn it! CLASH WE NEED TO ESCORT VALKYRIE ON OUR OWN!!"

Clash: "FUCK, KAPKAN I NEED YOU TO ESCORT VALKYRIE TO THE MEDIC TENT NOW."

While returning fire and fighting the Masks, he nodded and pulled Valkyrie's hand.

Valkyrie: "Just carry on the mission guys, I can hold on my own."

Clash: "No, you need immediate medical treatment."

Suddenly the White Masks went quiet, not even a gunshot or bullets hitting the floor can be heard. And a familiar figure emerged from the shadows.

Omen: "I got it from here, go escort Ms. Castellano to the medics. Rest of you can help the another team."

The Bravo team looked at each other, feeling confused.

Omen: "Just go."

He vanished.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omen charged into the third floor, in the study area to be precise where the hostages has been kept, killing few Masks on his way. When he about to enter the third floor, he met another teams who have made to the third floor. Some of them rappeled to the building's walls and ready to enter from the windows.

In unison, they breached the room. Guns blazing, body dropping, and the room filled with screaming they finally freed the hostages. The operators now helping the hostages and evacuate them. A girl approached Hibana.

Hibana: "Can I help you?"

She pulls out a paper.

Girl: "They told me to give this to one of you who named Josiah."

Hibana took the paper and thanked the girl. She approached Omen and gave the paper.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unknown Place, Unknown hrs

Omen entered a dimmed light building, the building seen has past its glory days, the doors are busted, the windows has been destroyed, and water leaking from the pipes. Omen readied his pistol and knife, sweeped every corner of the room, when suddenly the room light up. A tall and slender woman can be seen standing, her body leaned to the railings, her caramel brown hair flew as the wind passed on, and she has the crimson eyes that lit up in the dark, just like Omen's left eye. Omen immediately pointed his gun towards her.

???: "Quite a stunt you pulled back there in Birmingham."

Omen: "The hell are you want, Asa?"

Asa: "What? Is this how you greet your sister?"

Omen: "You are not my sister, and you all are not my family. I know who I am now."

Asa: "Is that so? You really know who you are now, Josiah?"

Asa chuckled.

Asa: "Same old Josiah, still naïve."

Omen: "What you want? If you want to fight then let's go. I'm ready."

Asa: "What with the rush little bro? Don't you miss me?"

Omen: "Fuck you."

Asa: "Enough with that prattling of yours, little bro. You said you already know who you are actually... That's interesting, besides of being a replicant and a machine made for killing, what are you actually? Come on tell me."

Told Asa with a teasing tone.

Omen: "I know enough, and you will be the first to try to stop me."

Asa throws something to Omen, a flash drive.

Asa: "That flash drive contains files of the Human Instrumentality Project: Subject J-zero-five-one-four-H."

Omen flinched upon hearing what Asa said.

Asa: "In other words: that flash drive contains almost everything you want to know about yourself."

Omen glanced at the flash drive, the very thing he needed now to learn about his real identity.

Omen: "Why should I believe you, you're a terrorist."

Asa: "That's your concern, not mine."

Asa pulled out a grapple gun.

Asa: "Your real name is Lacroix. Alexis Lacroix."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Session – Lie to Me