chapter seven

it had been another month of them messing around together, pretty much at any chance they got. but nova grew more and more uninterested in sex, she just wanted seth. in a non-sexual way. she wanted date nights under the stars and long drives with no destination. she wanted to just be completely lost in time with him, letting their hearts decided where they should go.

but it was a little confusing to tell what he wanted. most of the time he was the one to initiate sex. now this drove her mind one way, telling her he only wanted her for sex and nothing more. but how he treated her afterwards told her the opposite. he made sure to clean up any mess they made while she sat relaxing in the bath, getting her popsicles or ice cream if he felt he was too rough with her. he made sure that she was comfortable and felt loved after every time, so needless to say she didn't know what to do.

today they were at seth's house, being that peyton and jackson where there, katy wanted their house to herself and parker. they did this quite often, whoever's house was emptier they'd ask they're roommate to leave for awhile. a knock at the door made both of them glance from the tv to the door, watching peyton peek in.

"we're going to get food, do you guys want to come?" nova shook her head softly as she was quite literally minuets away from sleep.

"no thanks, you guys have fun." she smiled and nodded then closed the door behind her. seth listened as the front door opened then closed, the loud exhaust of jackson's car starting up then getting further and further away until you couldn't hear it anymore. his hands moved to nova hips, holding her closely while gently sliding his thigh between her thighs. she looked up at him with sleepy eyes, hoping he got the hint that she wasn't in the mood.

"can we... you know you'll sleep better." she pulled out of his grasp.

"i'm sorry, i'm not really in the mood."

"you're never in the mood anymore." he retorted. she sat up and rested her head in her hands.

"maybe i just don't want to be used as a fuck toy whenever you feel like it." she groaned, immediately feeling his hand around her arm.

"are you being serious?" his voice sounded hurt, confused.

"yes seth! i don't want to just fuck with no feelings attached.. how do i know you aren't doing this with every girl you meet?" he scoffed and pulled her to look at him.

"you really think i'd do this with every girl i meet?" she shrugged.

"i don't know, you came onto me rather quickly.. what stops you from doing that with other girls." she met his eyes and saw they were glossy.

"because i fucking like you nova.. and i didn't know how to tell you because i didn't know if you just wanted a hookup with no strings attached." he let go of her arm and laid back down, letting his arm cover his eyes. her heart stopped when she saw a tear roll down his cheek.

"seth." she muttered, leaning forwards and gently cupped his face. he softly pushed her off as tears clouded his vision.

"no.. because i just do this with every girl don't i?" her cheeks grew red from embarrassment.

"seth im sorry." she said softly, barely above a whisper.

"yeah." he muttered back, standing and walking to the bathroom.

"i am! you have to see it from my end." she stood and followed behind him, stopping when he turned to face her.

"no, i don't see it from you end nova! because that was a very simple conversation we could've had.. you didn't have to accuse me of only wanting your body, i would never.. ever do that to someone." tears streamed down her cheeks as the man shouted at her, shaking her head softly.

"i-im sorry." she stammered out, quickly finding her phone and keys while the man disappeared into the bathroom. she left the man's house and quickly made her way up to her room, katy coming out of her own room when she heard the door open.

"nov-" the door was slammed closed before she could finish. she tilted her head with confusion before turning to walk back into her room.

"i think something happened between nova and seth." the brown eyed boy sat up from the bed.

"what? i thought they were doing good?" he stood from her bed and tucked his phone back into his pocket.

"i have to go check on him." he gave katy a hug and kiss goodbye before descending down the stairs. the blond softly knocked on novas door, resting her hand on the doorknob.

"nova?" she said softly, hearing the soft sniffling from behind to door.

"i screwed up! he's never going to forgive me!" she cried, hugging onto the pillow he always slept on.

"can i come in?" there was no answer after a few minutes, so she slowly pushed open the door and peaked her head in. after she confirmed nova wouldn't tell her to get out she walked and sat besides her, softly rubbing her back.

"can you tell me what happened?" nova turned to look at the blond, her face red and blotchy from tears.

"oh nova." she said with a soft frown, hugging the girl close to her chest.

"it's going to be okay, i promise." she gently brushed through the light red hair with her fingers.

"he's gonna hate me forever." she grumbled, grasping onto the grey sweatshirt katy wore.

"what happened nova?" katy cooed, resting her chin atop novas head.

"i t-told him i didn't want to be used as his toy and he took it the wrong way and i made it worse when i told him to see it from my end." her words were broken up by sobs and sniffles.

"katy he yelled at me." she cried harder into the blonds shoulder, grasping onto her tightly. katy frowned softly at the red heads words. she know that seth treated nova like a princess, only soft tones and praises.

"okay." she hummed, rubbing her back softly.

"i understand why both of you are upset, and you also have to see it from his side.. if he genuinely liked you and you accused him of using you for your body, it probably crushed him." nova sniffled softly, looking up at katy.

"how do i fix it." she whined. katy shrugged.

"just give him some time okay? he's upset and you should talk to him whenever he calms down."