chapter nineteen

it was now december twenty seventh, the day seth would be flying back into town. he asked nova to pick him up from the airport, and of course she did. but her brothers just had to tag along, missing their buddy as well. they sat outside of the airport while waiting for the ravenette to walk through the doors.. and nova was the first spot him. she practically jumped out of her car and ran to him, embracing him in a very much needed hug.

"hi pretty." he cooed, kissing the top of her head while holding her softly. the other two followed behind her slowly, not wanting to ruin their moment but also wanting to reunite with the man. nova pulled away and kissed his lips eagerly, cupping his cheeks with so much passion.

"i missed you." she cooed, kissing his cheeks before stepping aside for her brothers, who both embraced the boy with a rough bear hug, almost knocking him over.

"what's up seth!" jonah said while patting the man's back, noah laughing while hugging him tighter.

"hi." he smiled while rubbing the both of their backs, smiling at nova who was also smiling. the two let go of seth after a few and carried his bags to the trunk, getting in the back as nova got back in the driver seat.

"ready to open some more presents?" jonah asked, patting his shoulder from the back seat.

"oh of course i am." seth replied, turning to look at him.
~~~
they arrived back at novas parents house and almost immediately their mom sat seth at the table for him to eat, even when he said he ate before he left. noah and jonah sat with him, talking with him how they always did while nova sat besides him, gently playing with his fingers under the table.

once he finished eating they went to the living room to open up the presents the family had gotten him. he could only smile at how much stuff he'd gotten, arguably more stuff than his own family had gotten him.

jonah sat besides the ravenette, showing him how one of the speakers he'd gotten him worked, downloading the app to his phone for him while seth looked through the clothes he'd gotten again.

"there you go." jonah said as the speaker played a small tune, letting them know it had been connected correctly.

"you can disconnect it from bluetooth if you aren't using it, otherwise the sounds gonna play through." seth nodded.

"thank you." he smiled softly, looking up to find the redhead. who was sat only a few feet away from him, sat cross cross with a smile.

"cmere." he cooed, patting an empty spot besides him. she smiled and stood on her knees, making her way over to him and rested her head against his shoulder.

"when are you guys heading home?" noah asked while sitting in a recliner that was to the left of them.

"why? trying to get rid of me?" nova teased, looking over at the blond.

"i was just asking." he said while throwing his hands up in defense, a small smile on his face.

"i dunno, katy's throwing a new years party so probably before then." jonah scoffed.

"why wasn't i invited?" he grumbled, looking passed seth to see nova.

"i don't know, you just suck." nova retorted, sticking her tongue out at the brunette.

"noah's invited though, words from katy." she smiled, only to make the brunette upset.

"well then, i've gotta have a word with katrina." he grumbled, standing from his spot and relocated to the couch.

"no nicknames?" seth chuckled, standing up then helping nova up from floor.

"do you need a box for your things?" novas mom asked while walking back into the living room to join the others.

"oh no thank you, i can put it in one of my suitcases, or just in novas car." she shook her head in response.

"no.. jonah go get a box from the garage." she waved her hands in the air as the brunette walked to the garage. seth looked down to nova with a small smile, kissing the top of her head.

"you seem sleepy." he said, quiet enough for only them to hear.

"mhm." she hummed, hugging his torso tighter. soon seth came back with a good sized card board box, placing it down beside the pile of his things. seth went to sit up but got a whine of protest from the redhead, who was just on the edge of sleep.

"i'll pack it, don't worry." jonah smiled at nova, who hummed contently when seth didn't have to get up.

"big baby." noah teased, reaching to get the remote to turn on the tv.
~~~
seth felt so at home with novas family. jonah and noah treated him like a brother and her parents didn't treat him any different from they did their own kids. the amount of comfort he got from sitting with them and listening to their childhood stories was unimaginable.

with that being said he was just as upset as nova when they decided to head back home. jonah and noah decided to go with them for the new year's party that was mentioned earlier. jonah was driving in front of nova and noah was behind, something they always did when they were driving together.

seth was driving as he noticed how upset nova was about the drive, and he's glad he did. she fell asleep only twenty minutes into the drive, cuddled up in her seat with a blanket noah got her for christmas. seth couldn't help but glance over at her every once in awhile, smiling at how peaceful and cozy she looked.

they arrived back to novas house at midnight. jonah and noah got their bags while seth carried her inside, laying her into her bed. he kissed her temple before tucking her into the blankets and walking back down the stairs.

"you guys got your bags too?" he asked while walking to the door.

"yeah, i think that's it." seth nodded and closed the front door, locking it after.

"she's only got one guest room.. but i could see if she'll sleep at my house and one of you could sleep in her room." noah looked at jonah.

"no it's fine, don't wake her.. we can share the bed, or i'll sleep on the couch."

"are you sure?" he asked while grabbing his suitcases.

"yeah, let her rest." seth nodded softly and began walking to the stairs.

"i can get you guys an extra blanket, they're up in novas room." the two nodded and followed up behind him, walking down to the guest room they always stayed in. seth sat down his bags and walked to the closet and grabbed one of the big comforters.

"baby." nova muttered, sitting herself up.

"i'm coming, let me give these to your brothers then i'll be back okay?" she nodded softly and laid back down, cuddling into the blankets before closing her eyes.

"here you go.. there's extra towels in the bathroom if you need them."

"thanks." jonah hummed, resting his suitcase by the door. seth nodded and walked back to the room, pulling off his sweatshirt and sat it on her desk chair.

"cmere." he cooed while climbing on the bed, slipping himself under the blankets and pulled the girl to his chest.

"did my brothers figure out sleeping?" she asked, eyes still closed.

"i think so." he hummed, kissing her cheek. she smiled softly and nuzzled into his body more, letting sleep consume her body.