chapter fifteen

the rest of the night was pretty uneventful, just cuddles and gentle kisses. the next day seth planned to take her snorkeling, space and the ocean were her favorite things so he wanted to take her. and because she'd never been before. he rented the boat for the day, which means they'd be able to snorkel, tube, swim and just relax on the boat. she wore a swimsuit with jean shorts atop, easy enough to take off and she'd be able to wear it once they left. seth just simply wore swim trunks and a white t-shirt, same reason a nova.

"im so excited." she said as they walked to the building, softly swinging their hands. he found her unbelievably cute when she was excited. her cheeks were always flushed a pretty shade of pink and her nose would wrinkle up when smiling. her hand was either tightly laced with his or she'd be hugging his arm.

"i am too, i think we're able to swim with dolphins if they are in the area." she looked up at him and gasped.

"really?!" he smiled and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"i think so, we'll see in a few." he pulled open the door for her and let her walk in. after about thirty minutes they were out on the boat with their wet suits on, their guide gearing them up with the equipment.

"you guys ready?" he asked, pulling his mask down as the boat came to a stop. nova nodded and walked to stand besides him, waving her hand so seth would stand besides her.

"let me see." he hummed, fixing her mask before also checking seths. he jumped in, showing them how to do it. nova was last to go in, immediately looking around at the fish and reefs below them. he watched the girl observe the fish as close as she could get, swimming after them when the swam away. he swam to her, pointing to a colorful fish that was below her. she slowly swam down towards it, examining it closely.

every fish she saw she'd examine it, looking at how they move and their scales and fins. they came across a few reefs, which she also had to stop and look at. she found ocean life so cool, how different each fish was but still how similar they all were. after about thirty minutes they were pulled back up to the boat, pulling off their gear.

"are we allowed to swim out here?" seth asked as he knew how much nova loved swimming.

"yeah, of course... we've got tubes and floats, if you guys wanna use those."

"tubes?" she asked. seth looked at her shocked.

"you've never been tubing?" she shook her head softly which made seth look over to alex (their guide).

"can we do tubing?" he nodded and handed them life jackets to put on before disappearing to somewhere on the boat. seth snapped on novas life jacket before watching alex toss the tube into the water.

"oh, i know what that is.. my brothers wouldn't let me do it."

"well, you're gonna get to do it today." he wrapped his arm around her waist then kissed her forehead.

"okay, you guys could do it together, or one by one.. up to you." alex came back up the stairs and stood besides them, seth turning to nova.

"what do you wanna do?"

"i want to try by myself first." seth turned to the man and nodded.

"okay, so your gonna get on the tube, lay on your stomach.. they'll be straps you hold on to." she nodded and climbed down the ladder at the back of the boat, floating in the water before swimming and climbing onto the red circle float.

"okay, got it." she shouted up to alex and seth, gripping onto the black straps tighter. the boat started up after a few seconds and the rope to the tube straightened out, beginning to pull her forwards. she smiled at seth who was taking a video as the boat picked up speed. after close to a minute her hands were unable to grip the straps, making her fall off. she swam to the top of the water while laughing, climbing back on when the boat stopped.

"can i go again?" she shouted, to which alex replied.

"go for it!" she went once more before swapping with seth. they tubbed and did other activities until sun down, when the boat took them back to shore.

"thank you alex, you're a great guide." the blond smiled at seth and waved before going into a back office. they walked to get dinner and decided to eat it at the hotel. seth drove while nova held the food, beginning to fall asleep from being worn out by the sun.

"baby, stay awake.. we're almost there." he gave her his hand to hold. she grasped onto his hand, sleepily playing with his fingers like she always did. when they got to the hotel seth grabbed the food and helped her out of the car, walking towards the elevator.

"i wanna shower first." she murmured, hugging his arm as the elevator door opened.

"all yours pretty girl."
~~~~
the two laid cuddled together in bed after showering and eating. nova looked up at seth and smiled, rolling onto his chest and straddled his hips.

"thank you... this trip has been amazing." he smiled and pecked her lips, stroking her back ever so softly.

"anything for you." he smiled. she smiled while gently playing with the fabric of his shirt.

"my family was never big on traveling.. im glad i'm able to explore new things, with you." he smiled at the red head and cupped her cheeks, smooching her lips.

"i'm glad i can travel with you too." a small smile spread across her face as she tucked back down into seth's chest, turning to watch the show that quietly played on the tv.