chapter sixteen

the seventh and last day of florida they got dressed up for the day, going to downtown disney and shopping a bit. nova got a few alex and ani bracelets with mickey and minnie charms. seth got a shirt with buzz light year on it and they each got a mug from the m&m store. their last stop was the disney store, where nova fell in love with a sleeping stitch stuffed animal.

"look at how cute he is!" she said cheerfully while holding him up to seth.

"wanna get it?" she nodded.

"do you wanna keep looking around?" he asked while holding her hand softly. she again nodded and they ended up find blankets, each getting one so they could match. seth knew about the plans he had tonight, but nova just thought they were going out for a nice dinner. he didn't want to tell her about the plans just yet, he wanted everything to be a surprise.

"do you think we should get a small bag for when we go to the airport, for all the new stuff we got?" seth asked while walking out of the disney store. he admired the girl that was holding his hand with one arm, the other tightly hugging stitch. her face was gently tucked into the teddy bear, her eye glistening in the sun.

"probably." she laughed, squeezing his hand softly. soon they went to target to get a carry on sized suitcase. afterwards he took her to starbucks, trying to keep her busy while waiting for seven to hit.

"can i order something for you.. i think you'll like it!" she hugged his arm, looking up at him while waiting in line.

"sure, what is it?" she shushed him while stepping forwards to order, grabbing his hand instead of his arm. she ordered her normal vanilla iced coffee with sweet cream cold foam then ordered a drink she thinks he'd like.

"do you want strong coffee?" she looked up at him, his eye brows knitting together in confusion.

"what?" he laughed softly.

"do you want it sweet like mine or stronger.. or weaker, the coffee taste." he hummed.

"oh, stronger." she turned back to the barista and smiled.

"double shot please.. oh, and a pink cake pop." he smiled at how cheerful she seemed, how rosy her cheeks were. they moved down to the other side the counter, waiting for their drinks. seth's cheeks flushed while looking at the girl that hugged his body. she was precious to him, just the sweetest thing ever in his eyes.

"try it." she said excitedly, waiting to sip her drink until he did. when he smiled after drinking his drink she smiled, nodding her head softly.

"yeah?" she asked.

"yeah." he said with a small laugh, kissing her cheek.

"you're amazing." he wrapped his arm around her body and began walking out to the car.
~~~
they drove around for a bit, looking around at their surroundings before he noticed it was 6:30. she noticed that he wasn't aimlessly driving around like he was before, he seemed to have a focus of where he was driving.

"where are we going?" she asked with a him.

"it's a surprise." he glanced to her with a soft smirk. she knew he wouldn't give in to her begs so just sat quite impatiently, bouncing her feet softly.

"just a teeny tiny hint." she said after a few moments, gripping his hand.

"okay, uhm.. roof." she scoffed softly.

"roof? that's a terrible hint seth." she laughed at him and kissed his thumb like she always did. he laughed knowing that was the best hint he could give her without giving it away. after awhile of driving they pulled up to a tall building, seth getting out and opened her door.