chapter twelve

it was november 28 and he'd done a good job keeping the trip a surprise but it ended up failing when he told her she had to pack a bag.

"where are we going." she looked up at the boy that sat at the end of her bed.

"i can't tell you yet.. it's a surprise." she sat up from her bed.

"but then how will i know what to pack?" he sighed, shrugging his shoulders.

"fine.. we're going to florida, for a week." her face grew into surprise, climbing into his lap.

"actually?" she asked excitedly, to which he nodded.

"yeah, i wanted to keep it a surprise for your birthday... but you make a good point." she hugged onto him tighter and squealed in excitement.

"when do we go? i'll pay fo-"

"i already paid for our tickets."  he interrupted.

"so then i'll pay you back.. that's a lot of money seth." he placed his hand over her lips, immediately feeling her teeth bite his hand.

"ow! quit." he laughed, cupping her cheeks.

"i've got it covered okay?" she hummed.

"fine, then i pay for everything during the trip." she climbed out of his lap and walked to get her suitcase from the closet.

"what, no.. i got it nova." she pushed passed him, placing her suitcase on the floor.

"oh cmon, i gotta pay for somethin." she pouted her lip at the boy that stood in front of her.

"okay... we'll figure it out when we get there okay?"

"fine." she grumbled, tugging on his pant leg so he sat with her.

"when do we leave? how long will we be there?" he smiled at her excited smile.

"we leave the first, comeback early morning of the eighth." she leaned forward and kissed his lips, giving him a smile.

"you are the best." she stood and went to find her phone, looking at the weather for the week that they'd be there. he watched her sort through her closet and bins of clothes for an hour or two, watching how she planned out every single outfit. from the outfit, to the shoes and accessories, and how she'd do her hair. he hadn't told her they were going to disney but she still coincidentally packed a minnie mouse shirt with a black skirt.

it amazed him how her mind worked. he'd probably just toss a few outfit into his suitcase but she was so particular about how she put the outfits in the suitcase, shoes on the bottom with the outfit atop. jewelry in individual little bags so they wouldn't get tangled then tucked into the shoes.

"have you packed already?" she asked as she took a break.

"no, not yet." she smiled.

"we should match some of our outfits."  nova climbed into his lap, resting her hands over his shoulders.

"i think that's a good idea." so they went over to seth's house with her suitcase, coordinating a few of their outfits.

"you didn't pack swim suits." he said as he went through his swim trunks.

"yeah, i gotta get new ones." he hummed.

"okay, let's finish packing a make a list of everything we need... we'll go out tomorrow and get it." she zipped up her suitcase and stood it up by the door.

"are you staying here tonight?" he shrugged.

"i'm not sure." she nodded and walked to hug him, resting her head on his chest.

"well, if you don't come over.. goodnight, and i hope you sleep well." he smiled and leaned down to kiss her lips.

"goodnight baby." nova held onto him for a few minutes longer before walking to grab her suitcase then went down the stairs.

"not stayin?" peyton asked as nova walked passed the living room.

"no, not tonight.. i've got to finish packing."

"ah, he told you." nova stopped and turned to look at her with a small smile.

"you knew?" the dark haired girl smirked.

"jackson told me." the red head shook her head with a soft laugh, continuing to the door.

"goodnight peyton." the brunette nodded softly and turned back to the tv.
~~~
seth ended up falling asleep before being able to go back to novas house. the next morning he got up and got dressed, going to novas house and let himself in with the spare key. he walked up to her room and she was still asleep. he smiled softly and kicked off his shoes, climbing into bed besides her.

"good morning." he cooed, watching her eyes flutter open.

"g' morning." she murmured, stretching in his arms. her eyes eventually fluttered open to meet his, smiling.

"what?" he laughed softly.

"you look good." she giggled before rolling out of bed to use the bathroom.

"i was thinking we could get some breakfast, then go to target to get the stuff we need." she washed her hands and brushed her teeth as she saw seth going through the clothes that hung in her closet.

"what are you doin?" she asked, beginning to wash her face.

"picking out your outfit." he said simply. she continued her little morning routine then sat on the bed.

"find something yet?" he handed her a pair of light blue jeans.

"mhm." he then handed her a beige sweater and her doc martins.

"i think this is cute." he smiled proudly at himself.

"i think so too." she got dressed and they made their way out to an ihop.

"can you order my eggs like you do." nova asked while laying her menu on the table. seth smiled and nodded, laying his menu down as well.

"i sure can." he took her hand into his, pressing a kiss to the back of her hand.

"you are so cute." he cooed, turning to order their food.
~~~
they walked through target, nova having a few swimsuits and seth getting swim trunks that are the main color of her swimsuits. they walked to checkout and seth paid for the things, beginning to walk out.

"oh, i forgot to get something." nova said while handing seth her bag.

"what is it? i can run and get it for you." she shook her head.

"i got it." he smiled and pressed a kiss to her lips.

"i'll be out in the car." she hummed and rushed back into the store.