Part 4-Confronting mom

Octavia P.O.V.
I slowly opened my eyes. I realized I was in the same place as yesterday. "Guess I fell asleep."I said weakly. I stood up and walked to my mirror I had dry tears on my face from last night. I remembered every word that was said and I was still in denial about it. I clenched my fist."how could you do this mom...."I said slamming my fist on the table. I walked over to my door and violently opened it. I stomped downstairs to see mom sitting at the table drinking a glass of wine."Mum tell me the truth, have you really been mistreating dad this whole time? I said firmly. She looked up at me and gave an uninterested look. "Your father is a pathetic excuse of a man and a prince. Oh I wonder how it feels to be so clueless."she said."And what's that supposed to mean?" I said angrily."It's true, it makes my day to torture his sorry ass. Your father never wanted to marry me, he never wanted this family, and most of all he never wanted you."she spat with hatred."what? Mum what are y-you saying?"I could feel tears starting to well up in my eyes."he told me himself, the only reason he stayed married to me for so long was to fool you into thinking things were normal. He hates your existence."she said looking at me with a smile on her face. "That can't be true...."I said. "Oh it is~17 years of misery and it's all your fault. You really think he cares about you? he's not even waiting for your 18th birthday, ha!"she said taking a sip of her wine. I was sobbing now. I tried holding my tears back because she seemed to like my reaction. And  I was at a loss for words. Was all this really true? Did dad really not want me? "He's just going to disappear and never come back, so just forget about the man. Us girls have to stick together after all. So how about this Octavia, you stop crying and come live with me. I will teach you how to be a proper princess, then you can follow in my footsteps and-"I never want to become anything like you. A shallow, heartless, and inconsiderate person is what you are." I spat with tears streaming down my face. She gave an angry look."fine then! End up just like him for all I care! I know one day you will regret it."she said with a smirk. She pushed past me and walked out the door. I fell on to my knees sobbing ."you and mom always hated  each other and pretended like everything was normal? A-all because of me y-you felt trapped? B-because you had to have me! For what-to be y-your replacement! That's my whole purpose! W-were you lying to me? Did you really not want me! am I a burden?!" I shouted out loud. This whole time I burdened this family, and dad had to suffer because of me. He could of run off and had a better life but I was the one that made him miserable! It's all my fault!