Part 7- attack

Octavia P.O.V.
I was sitting down by the lake Studying my ass of with the grimoire. I had managed learn a couple new spells. I decided that I was going to take a midnight stroll after a long day. Ever since I got here the women in the village seem to have taken a liking to me apparently because of my "beauty". They dragged me around with them all day. I stood up and walked around enjoying the silence, until I heard a scratching noise, it was almost disturbing. I whipped my head around a full 360 to see what it was."guess I can still do that!"I said to myself. Nothing was there, but my gut was telling me that something was terribly wrong. I put the grimoire under my arm and went to go and investigate the sound. But right before I could peak over the bushes something jumped out at me. I stepped back trying to get a good look at it. This thing had was on all fours and had sharp claws and fangs. Jumped on top of me and but my shoulder. This caused me to cry out in pain. I used my magic to throw it off of me. I stood up weakly."uhh...God dammit.."I said holding my shoulder."the hell even is this thing?"I asked. Before I could react it quickly came from behind and slashed my stomach. I wasn't playing around anymore."GET OFF OF ME!!" I yelled. This caused me to change back into my demon form. I ripped it to shreds using my magic. After that I had almost no energy."whatever t-that thing was it injured me pretty badly...."I said."I got really worked up huh...."Realizing that I changed back into an owl. With what little strength I had left I changed back into my human disguise. I was loosing a lot of blood and my vision was becoming blurry. I tried dragging myself while holding the book but it was no use. I saw I silhouette of I man kneeling over me before I blacked out.

(This chapter was kinda lazy🥲)