Part 16- Final selection

Octavia P.O.V.
I was in the training yard demonstrating star breathing to Obanai. And Of course, I didn't show him the last form, because I had to use my goetia power for it. He observed my attacks wide eyed. "I'm quite impressed Via, you have definitely proven yourself."He said walking over to me. I smiled at that. He rubbed my head. "But, before you become a demon slayer there is something you need to do."he explained. I raised an eyebrow. "And what is that?"I asked. "It's called final selection. That will determine if you become a demon slayer or not." He said firmly. "Ok then....when do I start?" I asked. "Tomorrow is when final selection will take place, so get a good nights sleep  you're gonna need it." He said. The sun was already going down so I decided I would just go to sleep.
    Next day:
Octavia P.O.V.
I buttoned up my uniform and grabbed my sword walking out of my room. Obanai walked in front of me. I looked up at him "Good luck Via...." He put a hand on my shoulder. I softly smiled. "Thanks Obanai." I said walking past him. He gave me a Kasugai crow for directions. A little while later I arrived at the mountain where I saw about 20 other people waiting. I stood around for a few minutes until two young girls started speaking. "Welcome to final selection. This will determine if you become a demon slayer or not. If you can survive 7 days beyond the wisteria flowers then you pass. Good luck to all. We were then let into a forest.
Obanai P.O.V.
I was standing by a lake enjoying the breeze. Something was nagging at me though. Something that was making me slightly nervous. While I was lost in my thoughts I felt a tap my shoulder. I turned around to see Sanemi. "Oh hi Shinuzagawa. Did you need something?" I asked softly. Shinuzagawa was one of the people I could tolerate, so I didn't want to be to harsh with him. "I can tell something's wrong Obanai." He said. "What makes you think that?" I asked tilting my head. "Where's that tsuguko you love so much?" He asked. "She's at final selection right now." I said. he smirked. "Your nervous aren't you?" He said. I was taken aback by what he said. "I am not! Via can handle herself, and she has proven that multiple times while training. Also not to mention that fancy new breathing style she came up with." I said slightly shouting. Sanemi went wide eyed. "That timid kid created her own breathing style? Heh, guess I underestimated her ability." He said chuckling a bit. "But you still must be a bit nervous for her. I've noticed, you two seem to have become very good friends." He said. " I said I'm not-....." I stopped myself. I didn't feel like arguing with Sanemi. I looked up at him defeated. "Fine.....I guess I am a little nervous." I said quietly. "Hah! I knew it"he said. I rolled my eyes.
Octavia P.O.V.
"Star breathing, first form, starlight slash!" I yelled as I cut off another demons head. It was about the Eighth one I killed. It wasn't much of a challenge since they were all pretty weak. The first day was pretty much over, so just another six to go. I continued walking through the forest. I saw a rat run from the corner of my eye. I quickly caught it. "Mmm looks good." I said to myself. I checked my surroundings to make sure that no one was around. I quickly changed back into my owl form and killed the rat with my talons. I then opened my beak and slurped it up and down my throat. "That was good." I said licking my lips. I put my human disguise back on and put my guard back up. "Stay focused Octavia." I said to myself.