Chapter Five - A Lying Witch & A Warden

As the Kybuck Clan gathered their equipment for the fight ahead, Eda and King found themselves facing off against Warden Wrath. At this point, Eda and King had been overpowered and at his mercy. 

Warden Wrath: No more running away, Owl Lady. Today I capture you once and for all!

As Warden Wrath was about to capture Eda and King, Luz and a group of some of the prisoners rushed to Eda's side and attacked Warden Wrath. 

Luz: Go, go, go, go!

As the prisoners attacked Warden Wrath, they managed to get the drop on him and managed to push him down and pin him to the ground. As the prisoners pin down Warden Wrath, Luz descends on Eda's Staff. 

Warden Wrath: You! Who do you think you are?

Luz: Do not underestimate me, Warden Wrath, for I am Luz, the human, warrior of peace. Now eat this, sucka!

Luz pulls her firecracker from her book report out of her messenger bag and prepares to toss it in this air. Before she could execute her plan, Warden Wrath manages to free himself from the prisoners. Before Luz could react, Warden Wrath attacked her. Luz attempts to defend herself, but is quickly knocked off Eda's Staff. Warden Wrath then picks her up.

Warden Wrath: I've about had enough of you!

Suddenly, a whistle is heard. Warden Wrath turns around to see the Kybuck Clan standing on a stairwell leading up to the tower. 

Petro: Hey, ugly! Why don't you pick on someone your own size?!

As Petro said this, he and Katooni jumped down the stairwell and charged into battle. 

Warden Wrath: Guards! After them!

Without hesitation, the Coven Guards under Warden Wrath's command ready their weapons and began rushing up the stairwell. As they attempt to attack the rest of the Kybuck Clan, Zatt and Ganodi along with Gungi and Byph began cutting down the Guards with nonlethal strikes. While the rest of the Kybuck Clan battled against the Guards, Katooni and Petro confronted Warden Wrath. 

Warden Wrath: When I'm done with the Owl Lady, you all are going to be locked up in the deepest dungeons!

Petro: Give it your best shot!

Katooni: You're reign is over, Warden!

Katooni and Petro then began attacking Warden Wrath. It wasn't long before Luz, Eda and King along with the prisoners joined in.

Luz: Need a hand?

Petro: Much appreciated!

With that, Warden Wrath found himself surrounded. Despite his best efforts, Warden Wrath was overwhelmed by the numbers, but he was not about to go out quietly.

Petro: This guy won't take a hint!

Katooni: At this rate, we'll tire ourselves out before we can take him down!

As Katooni said that, the rest of the Kybuck Clan joined in. 

Petro: What took you guys so long?!

Zatt: Better late than never!

As Warden Wrath moved to attack Katooni, Petro jumped on Warden Wrath's back. 

Warden Wrath: What the.....get off of me, you little brat!

As Warden Wrath attempts to shake Petro off of him, the rest of the Kybuck Clan seize the opportunity. They unleash a barrage of telekinetic blasts. As the Warden was stunned by the attack, Petro jumps off of Warden Wrath's back. As the Warden was stunned, the Kybuck Clan used the Force to lift him in the air. Seeing the opportunity, Luz pulls a firecracker from her book report out of her messenger bag, tossing it into the air before hitting it with Eda's staff. The firecracker lands in Wrath's flaming mouth and goes off, sending fireworks into the air. As Warden Wrath slowly recovers from the attack, he runs away, humiliated, fireworks still going off in his mouth, while the prisoners cheer.

Petro: Well that was something. 

Gungi: <We did it!> 

Ganodi: I still can't believe that worked....

Soon enough, the Kybuck Clan and Professor Huyang were approached by Luz along with Eda and King.

King: That was actually one of her better breakups.

Eda: Not a breakup. Anyway, let's bounce before any more monsters fall in love with me.

With that, the Kybuck Clan and Huyang joined Luz, Eda and King in heading back to the Owl House. As they settled down in the Owl House, Luz was given an opportunity to return back to her world, but she declines. She ultimately decides to stay here for the time being. Soon enough, the Kybuck Clan step forward.

Petro: Looks like you're stuck with us too. I doubt this place has anything that can help us fix our ship and I don't think magic will do anything to help that.

Eda: Well, I could use a hand keeping this goofball out of the cupboards. And while I'm not keen on babysitting a bunch of kids, you all look like you can handle yourselves in a tight situation.

Huyang: If I may, sir, I have instructed younglings for over a thousand generations, and these are among the best I have ever seen. 

Eda: Well, I guess you lot would probably help keep any hoodlums from trying anything. All right. All of you can stay, but you'll be working for me before learning any spells. Deal?

Eda holds out her hand. Luz looks at it before grinning and crushing the two in a hug

Eda: Gah! What's going on?

King: Too tight! Too tight!

It wasn't long before the Kybuck Clan got a similar hug from Luz. 

Petro: This is where the fun begins....

In that moment, the Kybuck Clan were brought into the Owl House same as Luz. They would live in the Owl House as a safe haven. In that moment, the Kybuck Clan had found refuge in the Boiling Isles.