Chapter Twelve - Abomination Display

After meeting Willow, Luz along with the Kybuck Clan put their plan to help Willow get a good grade of her Abomination Class in motion. When they reached the magic school, Luz was in awe. 

Willow: Welcome to Hexside School of Magic and Demonics. Remember to stay hidden, okay?

With that, Luz climbed inside a pot filled with inactive Abomination Goo. After Luz goes in, Gungi climbs into the pot with Luz. Luckily for the Wookiee, he was barely able to fit inside the pot with Luz. 

Petro: Which window looks into your Abomination Class?

Willow: Right over there. 

Katooni: We'll wait out here and help you for here. Good luck, Willow and may the Force be with you? 

With that, Willow leads everyone inside Hexside. As Willow walks to her locker, a young boy with a magazine approaches Willow. 

???: Willow, you would not believe humans.

Willow: Humans? Psh. I haven't seen any. What?

???:  Did you know that humans nail barbed wire to their kids' teeth? But why? Maybe to make them magnetic.

As this was said, Luz makes a joke from inside the pot.  At the same time, Gungi groans in pain.

Willow: Okay, Augustus. I'm gonna tell you something. But you have to be cool.

Gus: I can be spool. I mean, cool.

Willow: Okay. Abominations, rise.

As Willow says this, Luz and Gungi rise from the pot, covered in Abomination Goo.

Luz: Ta‐da! I'm an abomination.

Gungi: <Finally....some fresh air....>

Willow: Luz, that's not how Abominations act.

As Gus got a closer look at Luz, he began to trip over his words. 

Gus: No. No, it....it couldn't be. 

Willow: He's the president of the Human Appreciation Society. Most witches wouldn't be able to recognize a human right away. But Augustus is an expert. 

Gus: Where are your gills?

Luz: Um....Humans don't have gills. 

Gus: Wow....

Luz: I knew an Augustus back in the human world. We called him Gus.

Gus: Gus? Nickname? Human nickname? Gus? Call me it. Wow. Gus. This is the best day of my life.

As Gus took the time to process what had just happened, the bell began to ring. 

Gus: I've gotta get to spelling class. See you guys at lunch!

As Gus runs for class, Willow turns to Luz and Gungi.

Willow: All right. Into the darkness you go.

Luz hisses as she sinks into the pot. Gungi was hesitant to go back down. After a moment, Gungi groans as he sinks into the pot with Luz. With that, Willow took the pot to class. Meanwhile outside Hexside, the Kybuck Clan gathered around the window to the Abomination Class. 

Ganodi: So what exactly is your plan, Petro? 

Petro: Once Willow presents her assignment to the Class, Luz and Gungi will do their thing. We'll use the Force to make it convincing. 

Zatt: And how do you plan on doing that? 

Petro: I've got a few ideas. I can't wait to see the look on that stuck up little princess's face when Willow blows the class away!

Byph: What if...what if we're caught? 

Petro: We'll be fine, Byph! Nothing like a good Jedi Mind Trick to get out of trouble. 

Soon enough, the bell rang. The Kybuck Clan got into position as they watched through the window. As class started, every student shows the teacher their Abominations, but all have failed so far. The teacher then says that the next person who failed would cause the entire class to be assigned extra homework. It was at this point that Amity spoke up.

Amity: Excuse me, sir, but I am ready to present my abomination. Rise!

Amity then summons a fully functional Abomination much to the teacher's satisfaction. 

Abomination Teacher: I've always saved the best for last, Amity. You'll have to wait your turn. How about... Willow?

As Willow was called out, all of the students groaned in defeat, thinking that Willow was going to fail. After some encouraging whispers from Luz, Willow takes a deep breath.

Willow: Abomination, rise. 

As Willow says this, Petro uses the Force to shake the pot to make it more convincing. As soon as she does this, Luz pops out of the pot. 

Luz: Ta‐da!

As Luz rises, the entire class gasps. 

Willow: Abomination, bow. 

Luz bows her head to Willow. 

Abomination Teacher: Very impressive. But does it speak?

Luz: Uh, I may be your abomination, but you're my a‐mom‐ination.

Students: Aw!

Abomination Teacher: "A‐mom‐ination!" Splendid wordplay. A plus!

Willow: Actually, I'm not done yet. Abomination, rise.

As Willow says this, Gungi bursts out of the pot and lets out a mighty roar. All of the students were freaked out by Gungi's display. The Kybuck Clan couldn't help but smile as they whispered

Petro: Nice job, Gungi!

Katooni: Shh!

Abomination Teacher: Splendid! Splendid! I've never seen such mastery of Abomination magic in such a young prospect! Wonderful work today, Willow. Looks like we have a new top student.

The Abomination teacher then takes Amity's top student badge and hands it to Willow. Luz along with Gungi smile at this. As Luz and Gungi go back into the pot, Willow was about to leave, but is stopped by Amity. 

Amity: Last time I saw you, your Abomination was mush. What did you do?

Willow: I, uh, took your pep talk to heart, Amity.

Amity: I bet you did. I've got my eyes on you, Half‐a‐Witch. That badge is mine.

As Amity walks away, Willow exhales.

Willow: I think Amity is onto us.

Meanwhile outside the Class, the Kybuck Clan noticed this interaction. 

Ganodi: That...doesn't look good. 

Petro: Don't worry about that little schutta. We've got this in the bag! All we have to do is play it cool for the rest of class and we're home free.

Katooni: I've got a bad feeling about this...

With that, the Kybuck andLuz had helped Willow pass her Abomination class. But complications would soon arise.