Chapter Fourteen - Intruder

As the Kybuck Clan continue to adjust to life in the Boiling Isles, they soon create a small Jedi Enclave outside the Owl House. Next to the Enclave was the Jedi Cruiser that  Eda managed to move closer to the Owl House. Once the Enclave was finished, the Kybuck Clan gathered all the Holocrons Eda had gathered over the years. It was a fairly sizable collection.

Huyang: My word! This is quite the collection of Holocrons. I wonder how Miss Clawthorne got her hands on them?

Petro: It's a good thing Grandma didn't sell them.

Katooni: So much knowledge...

As the Kybuck Clan began looking over the Holocrons, it began to rain. At first, they Kybuck Clan paid it no mind. Zatt was quick to notice something wrong. He caught a glimpse of a raindrop hitting a flower, causing it to wither and die.

Zatt: Uh oh....

Byph: What's wrong? 

Zatt then points out the rain's effects on the flowers around the Owl House. A magic force field then begins to surround the Owl House. A separate magic force field surrounds the ship.

Ganodi: Boiling rain?! Can this place get any crazier?!

Katooni: It looks like we'll have to stay here until the rain passes.

With that, the Kybuck Clan and Huyang had no choice but to remain at the ship until the rain passes. As time passes, Professor Huyang began to sort through all the Holocrons while the Kybuck Clan waited. But as some time passes, The Kybuck Clan suddenly heard screaming coming from inside the Owl House. They immediately recognize the voice.

Gungi: <That's Luz! She's in trouble!>

Byph: But what about the rain? And besides, Eda's in there with Luz. I'm sure Eda can keep Luz safe.

As Byph says this, another scream from Luz was heard.

Petro: Sounds like Luz can't wait.

Katooni: We have to help!

Ganodi: Even if we could get past the rain, what about the force field?

When the force field was brought up, Katooni walks outside the ship and approaches the force field. Taking a deep breath, she quickly puts her hand through it and pulls it out.

Katooni: Looks like there's nothing keeping us from going out of the ship and into the Owl House. W

Petro: Then we'll just have make a run for it. 

Huyang: I will stay here and protect the Holocrons. May the Force be with you. 

With that, the Kybuck Clan took a minute to prepare themselves. 

Petro:  Okay....1.....2.....3......go!

The Kybuck Clan then bolted out of the force field around their ship and into the boiling rain. The Jedi Younglings used the Force to augment their speed to minimalize contact with the boiling rain, though they all got hit with drops of the boiling rain. Soon enough, the Kybuck Clan ran through the force field protecting the Owl House from the rain. 

Zatt: Did anyone get hit by the rain? 

Ganodi: I...I don't think so. 

With that, the Kybuck Clan entered the Owl House through an open window. The Owl House was dark with hardly any lights. The Kybuck Clan resorted to using their Lightsabers to illuminate the room. 

Petro: Who turned out the lights? 

Ganodi: I've got a bad feeling about this....

Katooni: Luz? Luz? Where are you?

As the Jedi Clan searched the Owl House for Luz, Eda and King, they were suddenly attacked by what appeared to be a large Owl Beast. The Owl Beast smacks Katooni and Petro away and moves on the rest of the Kybuck Clan. Zatt and Byph use the Force to restrain the Owl Beast while Gungi and Ganodi unleash a series of Telekinetic blasts on the Owl Beast. During the scuffle, the Owl Beast manages to knock back Gungi and Ganodi away. At the same time, Katooni and Petro recovered from the Owl Beasts attack. As they prepared their Lightsabers, they were pulled back. 

Petro: What the hell?!

Katooni and Petro turned around to see Luz and King. 

Luz: Wait! Don't attack!

Katooni: Luz! Are you okay?!

Luz: I'm okay. 

Petro: Mind telling us what's going on?!

Luz: That's Eda!

Petro: You mean that big ugly beast is Eda?!

Luz: It's a long story. I'll tell you later. We need to help Eda! 

Petro: And how do we propose we do that? 

Luz: I got a plan! We just need to keep Eda still! 

Katooni: We can do that!

With that, Katooni and Petro used the Force to restrain Eda. 

Katooni: We need to restrain Eda! 

Byph: That's....Eda?! 

With that, the rest of the Kybuck Clan used the Force to restrain Eda while King helps Luz with making a large Glyph. As the Owl Beast struggled to break free, Luz activates the large Glyph to create blinding light. The light from the Glyph engulfed the room, causing Eda to scream in pain. When the light flash ended, the Kybuck Clan turn to see Eda unconscious on the ground. It wasn't long before Eda woke up.

Eda: W‐What happened? Oh, I have the worst headache. And my mouth tastes like roadkill.

Eda then vomits up a strange Snaggletooth.

Snaggletooth: I'm just gonna... lie here for a minute.

Ganodi: Can someone please tell us what's going on?!

Eda: I haven't been completely honest with you guys. When I was younger, I was . I don't know exactly how it happened, all I know is that if I don't take my elixir... Well, that's why people call me the Owl Lady. No one likes having a curse, but if you take the right steps, it's manageable.

Luz: Whoa. So are you okay?

Eda: There's nothing for you to worry about. It's all under control, and as long as no one steals my elixir ‐‐ King ‐‐ then I'm fine. But, hey, look at this. A human doing magic. Good on you, kid.

Gungi: <This is truly a strange world.>

Luz: Hey look at that! You two are now part of the boo boo club too!

Katooni: Boo boo club?

Petro: Did we miss something?

Luz simply chuckles. At this point, the Kybuck Clan didn't question it. They just simply went along with it.