22. Published faces

I slowly opened my eyes and already felt the pounding sensation of a rough headache.
When my eyes got used to the daylight I scanned the room and came to the realization that Arthur was no longer here.
I frowned and got up from the ground. I've never fell asleep on the cold, wooden floor of my apartment before.
I brought myself to the bathroom and when I saw myself in the mirror I almost thought it was someone else. "What the actual..", I whispered to myself as I looked at my reflection. My face was painted, obviously, and there were some blood stains who originally came from Arthur's face.
I decided to take a shower to be myself again.
-
I was on my way to the supermarket to get some groceries.
When I got there I grabbed everything I needed for the upcoming week.
A habit of mine was checking the newspaper section.
When I saw the frontpage of the newspaper  I forgot how to breath for a few seconds.
This couldn't be real.
Suddenly every memory replayed itself and I remembered what happend.
I slept with someone who's insane.
Arthur and I got on the streets with our faces painted.
Arthur killed a man.
And now I was looking at the frontpage of the newspaper where I saw myself with Arthur, standing on the streets of Gotham and our faces covered in paint.
This could get me in trouble.
'Wanna be clowns terrorize Gotham', is the name of the article.
Excuse me? I didn't terrorize anything. I didn't kill a man. But I did went out looking like that, with a client who's seriously ill..
Suddenly I wake up from my thoughts because my phone starts ringing. I grab my phone out of my bag to see it's Gregory.
When I picked up I immediately felt a blanket of stress falling down on me.
"Where were you last night?", I immediately heard him say.
"I was.. preparing some documents for a new client."
I had no other choice but to lie.
"I hope you're telling the truth. Have you seen the newspaper? That's the guy who beat me up. Do you have an explination for the fact that the woman standing next to him looks like you?"
Fuck..