12. Room 666

All the missed calls were from Gregory. He must've been so worried and in the meanwhile I was making out with the guy who beat him up.
I felt very guilty and wanted to visit him.
I took a quick look at the clock. It was super late, so I had to visit him tomorrow.
I slowly walked into the bathroom and took a look in the mirror.
When I saw myself I was shocked. I looked insane with the smudged paint on my face.
I stared at my reflection while I carefully touched my face.
When I looked at my fingers I saw some blood. Gregory's blood..
I grabbed a towel and made it wet with some water. I then removed the smudged paint and blood from my face.

The next day
Once I had woken up, I got ready ready and took a cab to the hospital where Gregory laid in.
When I arrived, I speeded to the front desk of the Arkham state hospital.
"Good morning Ma'am, how can I help you?", the woman behind the counter asked.
I got chills when she used the word 'Ma'am'. That's how Arthur always used to call me.
"I'm here to visit Gregory Cliff.", I told her.
"Alright.. he's in room 666, on the sixth floor."
Was she actually joking?
-
I took the elevator to the sixth floor and it felt like it took forever to get to the right floor.
Once the elevator doors opened I got out and searched for room 666. It didn't took me long before I saw the right numbers on the door.
I entered the room and there I saw Gregory laying in a hospital bed.
"Oh god..", I whispered. He looked very bad and I could see they had to put stitches in his poor face.
It looked like he was sleeping, but then suddenly he slowly opened his left eye. I could see his right eye was very swollen so he couldn't open both of his eyes.
"Gregory..", I whispered. "How are you feeling? I'm so sorry this happened to you.."
Gregory looked at me. He couldn't move that much and he didn't had any expressions on his face.
"I feel a little bit better..", he softly said.
Although everything I didn't really believed what he said. How could he feel better if he looked like that?
"Can you explain me exactly what happend?", I asked him.
"Alright.. It all started when I was alone at night on the streets of Gotham.."