10. Who's Arthur?

I carefully looked around while I heard Arthur walking around in the kitchen.
When he came back he sat down on a chair.
"Well.. I don't have any rice. I'm sorry."
"It's alright, thank you for looking though.", I said.
He looked up and smiled at me.

Then I decided it was time to confront him about the blood and makeup on his face

"Arthur.. why are you wearing clowns makeup?", I carefully asked him.
He seemed to be confused for a few seconds.
"Who's Arthur?", he asked me.
I looked at him while the temperature in the room started to drop.
I had no idea what the actual hell was happening.
He was playing games with me for sure.
"Arthur, stop playing around. I'm asking you a serious question. You painted your face like a clown, and you have blood on your face. Have you been in a fight?"
I was so done with all the mind games he'd been playing lately.
"Listen, lady. I don't need to answer all of these questions, but I have no idea who Arthur is. My name is Joker.", he said with a cold tone in his voice.
He laughed for a few seconds while lighting a cigarette.
I became quiet and studied every move he made.
I knew he got really insane when he told me he his name was Joker. I always knew his conditions were bad, but never that it was this extreme.

Arthur stood up with a cigarette in between his lips and slowly walked circles around me.
I froze because I was too scared to move.
Suddenly he pushed me against the wall, and held his face close to mine.
He blew the smoke slowly in my face, before putting the cigarette in between my lips.
I didn't smoke, but I was too afraid to spit the cigarette out.
When he caressed my face with his fingers a little tear glided down my cheek. Words couldn't explain how terrified I was.
"Smile.. though your heart is aching..", he softly began to sing, while he cupped my face in his hands.
"Smile even though it's breaking..", he continued while I got the chills of him singing and touching my face.
He could literally do anything right now: I did not have the power to defend myself. I felt so weak and frozen.
"Smile.. what's the use of crying..", he sang, as his grip got a little bit tighter.
My body began to shiver a little.
I wanted him to stop.
Then I suddenly felt his lips against mine after he removed the cigarette from my mouth.