5. White face paint

It was weird to think he acted like nothing happened; like he didn't stormed into my apartment and bumped his head into my bathroom door until his face was covered in blood.
I thought it was scary how he smiled at me. It seemed like he wasn't worrying about one single thing.
"H-hello..", I said after awhile.
"You were so sleepy.", he said while grinning.
"Yes I.. um.. Arthur?"
"Yes Ma'am?"
"Why did you bring me to your apartment?", I asked him when I finally found the courage to do it.
He started thinking, and then slowly stood up. He walked up to me and leaned against the walls with his hands. He then looked up to me and stared me in the eyes.

"You just look so peaceful when you are sleeping

"You just look so peaceful when you are sleeping.", Arthur answered.
I bit on my lip and looked at the ground.
He always made me so uncomfortable with his sayings.
I became quiet again and carefully looked up at Arthur. I noticed he was still staring at me.
"H-have you been taking your medications lately?", I whispered.
He started laughing, but this wasn't funny. I was serious, and I needed to know the answer.
"Like it helps me.", he then said, while he was still laughing.
"Nothing can help me, you know that. Not even you can help me. You just sit and listen."
I held my breath while I listened to his words. His behavior just became worse and worse through the days.
"Arthur.. if you don't take your medications, I'll have to call the mental hospital where you've been in.. And I don't want to do that. Please take your medications.", I told him.
I just wanted to help him, but he was so stubborn.
Suddenly he stopped laughing.
"If you keep telling me what to do, I'll have to call the joker. And I don't want to do that. Please stop telling me what to do." And so he imitated me. I had no idea what he meant by 'calling the joker', but I really didn't wanted to know either.
"I have to leave, but please remember my words.", I said, while I slowly walked backed off to the door.
I still kept him in my vision while I left his apartment.