7. A huge smirk

Arthur looked at me like I was talking in a language he did not speak.
"Following you..?", he repeated questionably.
I slowly nodded my head.
"Yes.. how did you know I was having dinner with a man?", I asked him.
"I already told you, I just know things dear.", he said, while he lighted a cigarette.
There was something about him that was just so odd, but I couldn't blame him.
"Arthur, I'm serious. It's not okay to follow people, and I'm your therapist."
Arthur started laughing, but I knew he couldn't help it: it was his condition.
When he finally could say something he said: "I am serious too. I know things. And you're not only my therapist. You're more than that."
I looked him in the eyes and saw that he was dead serious.
I had no idea what I had to say, because I somehow didn't want to hurt him. He was a very fragile person, although it didn't always seemed to be that way, but he really was.
I sighed and looked at the ground for a moment.
"I don't exactly know what you mean, but let me make something clear. You really need to take your medications, and you need to stop following people. It can bring you into dangerous situations, Arthur."
He totally ignored what I just said and started talking again;
"I know that colleague of you.. The man you had dinner with.. He was my therapist for a little while, but he was very rude. He never listened or took me seriously. I think I need to have a little word with him soon."
I listened to Arthur's words and immediately shook my head.
"I don't know what happened between you two but it's best to just leave him be. I'm sure he didn't mean it that way. It's alright like this.", I told him.
"We will see about that. But dear.. should I walk you home? We live in the same apartment you know.."
I thought about his offer for a few seconds and then nodded my head.
It was better than walking alone, since my cab didn't showed up. And we lived in the same apartment, so we had to take the same route to get home.
"Alright, let's go then."
I started walking with Arthur next to me, and he had a huge smirk on his face, like he just won the lottery.