8. The phone call

When I arrived at my apartment I turned around to look at Arthur.
"Thank you for walking me home.", I said with a little smile on my face.
"It's my pleasure.", he said with a quick nod.
I smiled and opened the door of my apartment. "Good evening.", I said before I almost closed the door, but Arthur put his foot in between the door opening.
"Hey.. one last thing. Would you like to have dinner with me sometime?", he asked.
After I heard his words I was lost for a few seconds. He wanted to have dinner with me?
"I need to think about that Arthur. You're my client, you know. But thanks for the offer.", I said with a smile.
"Good evening.", I repeated myself after I closed the door.
And Arthur was left standing at my door for a few seconds, after that he left to his own apartment.

The next evening
It's been a good day. I've had a session with a client who was one year clean. I was very proud of her, and she even bought me a little present because she was so thankful for my help.
The present was now standing on a little table in my living room.
It was a lovely vase with a beautiful plant in it.
I always found it so sweet if clients brought me presents because they were happy with how I did my work.
I suddenly woke up from my thoughts when I heard my telephone ring.
I walked up to it and picked up the phone.
"Hello?"
I immediately heard a very weird noise, like if the connection was very bad.
"P-please be careful.", I heard someone tell me on the other side of the telephone.
"What? Who is this?", I asked.
"It's Gregory.. Someone beat me up, bad.."
I looked up and started worrying.
"Where are you? Oh god.. are you alright?"
"I am on my way to the hospital, but the guy who did it is still on the loose. That's why I need you to be very careful.. I think you might know who it is.", he said, while coughing repeatedly.
"Did you see who did it?", I asked him.
"No, but it was a guy with clown makeup. He even had a whole clowns suit on. Please be careful.. I don't want you to get hurt."
After that the connection broke.