Chapter 4

As we entered the woods, Gimli immediately went on the defense, his axe constantly raised. I chuckled softly to myself, causing Gimli to snap his head in my direction.

"And what exactly is so funny, lass?" Gimli asked me with an offended tone.

"You are quite amusing, Gimli. There is nothing to be afraid of here, yet you act as though you will be on a dinner plate." I responded to him, touching the top of his axe to get him to lower it.

"They say there is an elven witch in these woods that will hypnotize you with her words. I personally do not want to be made into some kind of puppet!"

"She is no evil witch, Gimli. She is the fairest of all elves, her magic being called the light. Stop being so afraid, no one will hurt you here."

As I said this to him, an elf clad in silver and red armor stepped out from the trees with an army of elven archers behind him.

"What business do you have in Lothlorien?" He asked all of us, especially Aragorn.

"We are here for shelter from orcs and to see help from your people. We need to speak to your king and queen." Aragorn responded to him.

"You have brought orcs here? And you expect me to lead you straight to Galadriel?"

"Please, we need your assistance."

The elf sighed, calling his archers off of us, and signaling for us to follow him. Aragorn smiled, and began walking ahead of the rest of us, but directly next to the elf leading us into Lothlorien. As we entered, I was in amazement at the beauty of the elven city, the brightness, and the colorful trees all around. A smile slowly crept up on my face, Legolas clearly taking notice.

"Welcome to Lothlorien, Vanimelda." He whispered to me.

"It is beautiful." I whispered back, my eyes never wavering from staring at the trees in amazement.

We were guided to a brightly lit opening with a large staircase in front of us. I stood behind Aragorn, and next to Legolas, as we waiting for the elf named Galadriel to come down the stairs. I had heard many stories from my father about her and her beauty, but I had never had the pleasure of ever seeing her in person. I was nervous to be meeting her, as she was the most powerful of anyone in my race. I looked to Legolas as I heard a soft woman's voice inside my head.

What a pleasure it is to see the eldest of Lord Elrond in my city. Welcome, Vanimelda. There is nothing to be afraid of.

I audibly gasped as I heard her, then looked up to the staircase in front of me. I saw the most beautiful elven woman standing before me, looking directly into my eyes and smiling. She must have been the one talking in my head a moment ago.

"Welcome, friends. What is it that brings you to Lothlorien?" She spoke and said, confirming that it was indeed her that was speaking to me in my head.

"We are passing through on our way to Mordor to destroy the one ring. We came, asking for your assistance in our travels." Aragorn spoke to her in fluent elvish.

"I can can help with certain objects, but I will not give you any of my soldiers to aid in your travels. Sleep soundly here tonight, and tomorrow I will give the supplies needed for your journey."

I smiled at her, admiring her beauty, when her eyes met mine.

Meet me back here tonight, Vanimelda. You and I have much to discuss.

I nodded at her, acknowledging that I heard her, before following the rest of my party to the hall in which we all would be sleeping. As everyone began to doze off, I quietly got up and made my way back to the staircase where Galadriel was waiting. I saw her standing with her back to me, and cleared my throat to get her attention.