Chapter 7

As we were about to enter the city of Edoras, Eomer and his men met us at the entrance. I looked to him, a smile upon my face as our eyes met, he returned the smile to me.

"If you were banished, why did you return?" I asked him softly as I dismounted and walked to him.

"To help save my uncle." He responded, walking by my side into the stables to leave our horses before going into the throne room.

Gandalf disguised himself in a grey robe, to trick Saruman, and even went as far as to hold Legolas by the arm to pretend to be weak. I walked next to Eomer on one side, and Gimli on the other. Aragorn was behind us slightly, keeping an eye on everything from behind so we weren't attacked by surprise. Men started attacking us on the command of Grima Wormtongue, Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli easily stopping each and every one of them while Eomer and I walked with Gandalf to confront Theoden.

"You have no power here, Gandalf the Grey." Theoden spat out in a voice that was not his own.

Gandalf quickly threw his grey robe aside, shining his white one, causing Theoden to jerk back in his throne in shock a loud grunt escaping him.

"Saruman I withdraw you like poison from a wound." Gandalf stated as he pushed the man back with his staff.

"If I go, Theoden dies." The voice spat back.

"You did not kill me, you won't kill him."

From around the corner, Eowyn came running towards Theoden, only to be grabbed by Aragorn and held back. Gandalf quickly and efficiently withdrew Saruman from Theoden's body, making the mans ancient look fade away to reveal his real age. Aragorn let go of Eowyn as she ran to his side, tears filling her eyes. Theoden smiled back at her, getting up from the throne and walking towards Eomer.

"I am sorry for whatever I have done to you. It seems like a horrible nightmare that I have just awoken from." Theoden explained to him with a hand on his shoulder.

"It is alright, uncle. I knew it wasn't truly you. That is why I came back. Thankfully coming across Vani in the process." Eomer responded to him as he turned and looked my direction.

"I knew I recognized that face. How good it is to see you again." Theoden said to me sweetly as he made his way over to me and pulled me into a soft hug.

"You still have someone that needs taken care of, my lord." Gandalf said as he stepped aside, revealing Gimli sitting on Grima on the floor to hold him in place.

I handed Theoden his sword, he gently took it from me, chasing Grima out the doors and to the stairs. He raised his sword to kill him when Aragorn stopped him.

"Enough blood has been spilled on his account." Aragorn said, helping the king to lower his sword.

Grima quickly got up off the ground and took of running to his horse to leave the city as soon as possible. We all walked back into the throne room, taking seats at the dinner tables scattered around the room. As I sat down, Eomer sat next to me, making me turn my head to look into his eyes.

"I have missed you, Vani." He softly said to me, making a blush appear on my cheeks.

"I missed you too, Eomer. I should have come to visit, just to see you one more time." I responded to him sweetly.

"Why didn't you?"

"I was afraid you didn't want to see me anymore, after everything that happened. Plus, my father hated when I left Rivendell."

"Why would you even think I wouldn't want to see you again? I thought I made it clear that I did."

I smiled at him, remembering the night before I went back home. Although it had been several years since that night, it was almost as if I could still feel his breath on my skin, his warmth surrounding me as his soft lips met mine for the first time. Truly, I got scared and left in the middle of the night, not wanting him to get too attached due to my race and my royalty. I was younger and more naive then, and truly should not have left him hanging that way. I didn't want him to eventually get hurt, so i did what I thought was best.