Chapter 14

I woke the next morning to my head slowly rising up then softly going back down as I listened to the soft thumping of Legolas' heart underneath my head. His arm was around me, holding me close to him his other hand behind his head as he was waiting for me to wake up. I slowly lifted my head to meet the gorgeous blue eyes of his, smiling at how perfect he looked even when he just had woken up.

"Good morning, Vani." He sweetly said to me as he placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"Good morning. And what an amazing morning it is after what we shared last night." I said to him, continuing to kiss him.

As we were kissing, the covers had begun to fall of off us, our bodies getting even closer as if we were about to repeat the events of the night before, then my bedroom door swung open startling the both of us.

"Where are your clothes!? I really should have knocked." I heard Aragorn yell as he was the one that burst through the doors, shielding his eyes with his arm.

"Yes you should have! Can't we get a little privacy around here!" I yelled back as I snatched the covers and pulled them up over myself.

"Get dressed. We have things to discuss with Theoden."

He quickly ran out of the room, closing the doors behind him, leaving me a blushing mess on the bed and Legolas chuckling at the encounter. I looked at him with an evil stare, making him laugh even harder.

"Come on, it was funny." He said to me as he kissed my forehead before getting out of bed.

"I really didn't want my future brother in law to see me like that. He acts like he was raised by wolves or something. He should very well know his manners, he was raised by elves after all." I said as I slowly got out of bed to change into my tunic and brown pants.

"Well, I rather enjoy the view of no clothes on you."

Legolas made his way over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close. I wrapped my arms around his neck and placed a soft kiss upon his lips.

"Well, as much as I would love to repeat the events of last night, considering how amazing it was, we have things to do today. And I do not believe we have that kind of time before Aragorn decides to come storming back in." I said to him with a disappointed tone.

"Not like we wont have the rest of our days together for that, Melenth." Legolas responded, giving me a soft kiss on the forehead.

"And I look forward to every single second."

I picked up my daggers and bow, slinging them over my back and walking with Legolas to the throne room where Theoden was awaiting all of us. As we were about to enter, Gimli was standing outside, a huge grin plastered on his face.

"I see that you two have officially sealed the deal, eh?" Gimli asked the both of us with a chuckle.

"What ever made you think that?" I asked him quietly.

"You have a little something right here."

Gimli pointed to the side of his neck, signaling to me that I had a love mark left by Legolas the night before. I quickly pulled my hair out of the braid and slung it over my shoulder to cover it. I shot a questioning look at Legolas, not realizing that it was even there, only getting a shoulder shrug and a smile out of him. He clearly knew what he was doing, and wanted everyone else to see that I belonged to him and him only.

As we entered the throne room where Theoden was waiting for us, Eomer was standing at his side, a look of worry upon his face. I felt Legolas tighten his grip on my hand, feeling the same emotions I was at the time, continuing to slowly walk towards them taking plenty of deep breaths in the process.

"Troops of Mordor are set to march upon Gondor, we must go to their aid." Aragorn said sternly to Theoden, watching him pace back and forth deep in thought.

"And why should I go to the aid of Gondor? Did the come to our aid? They left us to die, and I will not aid someone who left us for dead." Theoden retorted, anger filling his voice as he took a couple steps closer to Aragorn.

"So you leave innocents to die? Children, women, elders. All because you are holding a grudge against the steward?" I shot back at him, earning a sigh from Legolas and a look of dismay from Aragorn.

"You will learn to hold your tongue, Vani. What do you know of the dealings of men, elf." Theoden spat at me as he stepped to get into my face.

I stood my ground, not backing down at the clear attempt of showing dominance. I even took it further, stepping even closer to him and looking him directly in the eyes. I saw Eomer gently grab his uncles arm, attempting to pull him back.

"I will not be spoken to this way, Theoden. As many times as my people have come to your aid, it will do you some good to show some respect. You are a heartless king, who cares of nothing but himself. Whether you go to Gondor's aid or not, I will be going. You are the definition of coward." I spat at him before turning on my heel and exiting the room.

I heard soft footsteps following behind me as I walked to the stables to saddle up Alqua. I turned around to face whoever it was, only to be greeting with the handsome face of Legolas as he was holding the reigns of his own horse.

"I'm coming with you." He stated as he slung himself onto his horses back.

I smiled at him, mounting Alqua, and heading out in the direction of Gondor.