Part 20

The next several days were filled with excitement and nervousness as we prepared to crown Aragorn King of Gondor once and for all. I walked through the halls of Gondor looking for Aragorn as it was almost time to place his crown upon his head, when I found him sitting alone in a corner of the room, pondering his own thoughts.

"Are you alright, Aragorn?" I asked him as I approached him.

"I am. Just thinking about my future. I have yet to see Arwen arrive and am wondering if she even will." Aragorn responded to me as he puffed on his pipe.

"She will be here, Aragorn. You should know better than to think otherwise. My father and her left a day after us so they probably only arrived this morning. Now, it is almost time for your coronation so we need to get you ready. Plus, I need to speak to you."

"Speak to me bad? Or speak to me good?"

"Depends on how you take it. Just need some advice."

I ushered Aragorn back to his room to help him get into his armor, a look of confusion and worry plastered across his face. As we were in his room alone and he was dressed, I looked to him with nerves filling my stomach making me feel as though I will vomit all over his floorboards.

"Okay, Vani. Talk." Aragorn sternly said to me as I was fiddling with my fingers.

"Remember when you caught me and Legolas in my room in Rohan?" I asked him softly.

"Yes? What does this have to do with anything."

"I haven't had a bleed since then. It has been almost two months."

"You're pregnant?"

Shock was plastered across Aragorns face, but also a hint of happiness was playing at the corner of his eyes and lips. I turned away from him as I began to cry at the thought of disappointment that was going to come from his mouth.

"I am. But, how am I to tell Legolas?" I asked as I continued to look at the floor, tears spilling from my eyes.

"Be honest with him. I do not think Legolas will be as upset as you seem to think he will be." Aragorn responded to me.

"What will I be upset about?" I heard Legolas say from the doorway as the door swung open.

"I shall take my leave and allow you to speak. I will see you out there." Aragorn said as he rushed out of the room and closed the door behind him.

"Legolas, I-I don't know how to tell you this." I said to him as I turned to face him, his hands wrapping around my waist and pulling me close to him.

"Vani, just tell me what is bothering you. I hate seeing you upset like this." Legolas said to me as he looked deeply into my eyes, his ocean blues piercing through my soul.

"I haven't bled in almost two months."

Legolas looked to me, his face almost white as a sheet with shock as what I said finally sunk in. Tears began spilling out of my eyes once more, knowing he was going to be upset.

"Whoa, hey. No, no tears. Am I shocked? Absolutely. But I am ecstatic that you will be having my child. I guess we shall push the wedding up a little further, shouldn't we?" Legolas said to me before encasing my lips in a heated and love filled kiss.

"You aren't upset?" I asked him as we pulled away from our kiss.

"I absolutely am not upset. This is the best news I have ever received in my entire life."

Legolas kissed me once more before interlacing our fingers and walking out to the courtyard to begin Aragorns coronation. As Gandalf set the crown upon his head, Aragorn began singing an ancient elvish song, the rest of us soon joining in with him as he began walking down the isle way that was left for him. He walked to Legolas and I, smiling brightly with an all knowing look. I gently brushed the side of his arm as I nodded my head to behind me. Arwen was standing behind me holding a large flag in front of her face as to hide herself from Aragorn, my father at her side. As she turned the flag away from herself, Aragorn took it from her hands and handed it off to an elf standing next to her, embracing her in a loving hug and capturing her lips with a kiss. My family finally felt complete as I watched the two kiss, and then hold each other's hands as they began walking to where the four hobbits were awaiting him. As he walked up to them, Legolas and I directly behind him, the four hobbits began to bow to him.

"My dear friends. You bow to no one." Aragorn said as he stopped them, and then began bowing to them.

Everyone around him began to follow suit, bowing to the hobbits who had saved Middle-Earth. I glanced up, seeing a look of shock upon their faces, giving them a small wink to at least get them to smile. As we all lifted from our bow to them, Sam rushed to me and embraced me in a hug.

"Vani, if it weren't for you I would have never found my courage. I cannot thank you enough for everything you have done for me." Sam softly said to me, his tears wetting the silver fabric of my dress.

"Oh my dear sam. You had the courage within you all the time, you didn't need me in order to find it, I just gave you a slight nudge towards it. You mean more to me than I can explain, my dear friend." I said to him as I pulled him away from me and held his face in my hands.

"I will miss you, Vani."

"This isn't goodbye, Sam. This is merely I will see you later. I am staying here in Middle-Earth with Legolas. You are to come visit Mirkwood as often as you can."

I kissed the top of his head before he ran off with a smile to be with his fellow hobbits.