Chapter 13

I walked through the large doors of the keep, scanning my eyes across the room taking in how many people were in there. I felt very self conscious in the dress I was wearing because it was very different than the elven dresses I was used to wearing. I was about to turn around and leave, when I felt a gentle hand on the crease of my elbow.

"Leaving so soon?" Legolas asked me with a smile across his face, wearing his silver dress tunic and silver interlaced crown.

"I just feel out of place, this dress is very different than the elven dresses I am used to." I responded, looking down at the bodice and softly picking at the ribbons.

"You look beautiful, Vani."

He softly kissed my forehead before taking my arm in his and leading me to a table where Gimli and Eomer were sitting, beer mugs covering it. As we walked over, Eomer gave me a slight nod, and began explaining the game at which he and Gimli were going to begin playing.

"Legolas, my friend! Will you be joining us in this game?" Gimli asked with a laugh, clearly thinking Legolas would say no.

"I would gladly join. Vanimelda could be our judge." Legolas answered, shooting me a small smile.

"Gladly. This should be quite entertaining." I responded with a soft giggle.

"What are the rules?"

"No pauses, no spills." Eomer started.

"And no regurgitation!" Gimli finished with a hearty laugh.

I let out a soft laugh, knowing that Gimli and Eomer had no chance against Legolas. Us elves had an alcohol tolerance out of this world. I stood next to Legolas as Eomer handing him and Gimli their first ale and they began their game. After Gimli had about 15 drinks, Eomer 10 and Legolas 22, I looked to Legolas to see if there was any chance and he just looked me in the eyes and then looked to his fingers.

"I feel something in my fingers." He softly said as he slowly wiggled his fingers.

"Look at the elf! He cannot even handle his ale!" Gimli stated with a laugh before his eyes crossed and he fell backwards off of the stool.

I giggled at him before going to his side to make sure he was alright. I lifted his head to check his breathing before gently laying it back down on the ground.

"Well, game over." Legolas said with a soft laugh.

Eomer set his drink down, bowed to me and Legolas then walked away to dance with a very pretty brunette girl that was attending the celebration. Legolas came up next to me, gently laying a hand on my arm, and a smile across his face.

"Care for a dance, Melenth?" Legolas asked me sweetly as he grasped my hand.

"I'd love to." I responded, following him to the dance floor where everyone else was.

He placed a hand on my waist, and grasped my hand with his other hand. We slowly began swaying to the music together, enjoying the closeness and each other's company that we were getting. At the end of our dance, he softly kissed the top of my hand and led me out to the hall where it was quieter and more private.

"When did these feelings start?" I asked him softly as we walked down the hall together, heading towards my bedroom door.

"That day in Lothlorien. The way you cared for the little hobbits, the way you were so willing to talk to me over private matters, your smile that could brighten a whole town. Everything about you peaked my interest. I wanted to kiss you the day we left Lothlorien, but I decided against it using my better judgement. I knew it would have been inappropriate at that time." Legolas answered me as he gently intertwined his fingers with mine.

"You know, I cared for Eomer. But, you.. you are different. I cannot explain it, but it is as though fate brought us together and my heart was created to be yours. I felt a draw to you the first day our eyes met in Rivendell. It is something that is terribly hard to explain, but you just feel right."

"I feel the same, Vani."

We arrived at my bedroom door, standing there with our hands intertwined and looking into one another's eyes. He reached for the handle of the door to open for me, but I stopped him by placing my hand over his. He looked deeply into my eyes, a smile creeping across his lips as if he was reading my mind and new exactly what I wanted. He placed a hand on my waist pulling me closer, and when our lips were about to touch, he used his other hand to cup my face and pull my lips up to his. I closed my eyes, taking in the blissful feeling, our lips moving in sync as the kiss kept deepening. Before I had a chance to realize what was going on, the door to my room was opened, and we were quickly heading inside, our lips never parting. The kiss we were sharing was getting more and more heated by the moment, leading us to the bed, his hands slowly making their way up the back of my bodice to undo the corset ribbons.

"Vani, if its too soon-" Legolas tried to say before I cut him off abruptly.

"Just stop talking and take me already." I responded, crashing my lips back down on his once more.