Chapter 30

(a/n: I changed the ending to this chapter but it's still pretty much the same.)

(Eren's POV: After school.)

I met Levi after school like he said.

"So what do you have to tell me."

"Not here, follow me."

"But what about your job, I don't have to work today but you just started working right?

"I already took care of it, I'm working for Hanji after all."

"Where are we going, why can't you just tell me what's going on?"

"Just shut up and follow me I'll explain everything when we get there."

I did as I was told and followed silently behind him and after walking two in a half miles we arrived at a cemetery.

"Why are we at a cemetery?" I asked but Levi ignored me and kept walking.

We walked for another ten minutes before we got to a grave.

"Levi who's grave is this?"

"My mothers." He knelt down and started cleaning the grave. "She would have loved you."

"What happened to her?"

"It's a long story, it happened when I was just a little kid." He stopped and clenched his fists.

I knelt down and grabbed his hand. "You can tell me."

"It was the first day of school. My mom said she would pick me up but for what ever reason she didn't show. I tried to go home by my self and ended up getting lost. She found me in a back ally around town, she apologized for being so late and I apologized for trying to go home alone."

Levi was now shaking and trying he's best to hold back his tears.

"We were so busy comforting each other we didn't see the two guys come up from behind us."

"You don't have to say anymore." He hugged me tighter and cried out.

"It's all my fault she's dead, if I stayed at the damn school she would still be." He was cut off by his own tears spilling over. "I hate this, I worked so hard to be a stronger person only to be just as weak as I was back then."

"You're anything but weak Levi." I wiped his tear stained face and brushed his bangs back.

"Thanks for coming here with me and trying to cheer me up."

"Anything for you." I smiled and kissed his forehead. "It's getting late we should leave before Mikasa sends a search party."

"I should have known I'd find you here."

To late.

"What are you doing here Mikasa?" I ask.

"Looking for the two of you, do you have any idea what time it is?"

"Time for you to realize we are not children and we can take care of ourselves." Levi sarcastically answered.

"You might not be children but that doesn't mean you can do whatever you want without telling me anything." Mikasa glared at him.

"We're sorry Mikasa, but there's a good reason for it this time."

"Levi told you what happened to our mom and he still blames himself for what happened." She sighed. "I was here for the end."

"It was my fault why wont you just yell at me!" I snapped. "You've never once yelled or said anything about it after it happened."

Mikasa hugs him. "Because it wasn't your fault and I didn't want to talk about it because I didn't want to hurt you anymore then you already were."

After a tender brother sister bonding, the three of us got in Mikasa's car and went home.