{4}

I WOKE up to the sound of my alarm on Monday. Today was my first day as a teacher. I hurriedly dressed in jeans and a pink sweater, and threw my hair back into a French braid before running outside.

I didn't bother to drive my car, seeing as the school wasn't that far away.  As I walked, I caught up with Henry and Emma.

"Hey!" I called to them and Emma and Henry smiled. "Hey, Claire. First day?" Emma asked me. I nodded. "So Claire, you and Emma seem to be good friends." Henry said casually. I shared an amused glance with Emma.

"Yes, Henry. Why?" I asked him and he grinned. "Almost like family." Henry said and I thought back to his theory. If he was correct, I would be Emma's aunt. Since she was supposed to be Snow White's daughter, and in my strange dreams I was Snow's twin. That had to be  impossible since we looked to be about the same age.

"Henry, what are you talking about?" Emma asked him. She had that mom tone I'd heard before. It was torn somewhere between exasperated and affectionate.

"Just that I figured out who Claire is in the book." Henry said smugly. "I didn't even know I was in the book." I told him and he smiled.

"Oh, you are." Henry said with a grin. "Well, who am I?" I asked him, because I was actually interested in the answer.

"Snow White's twin. Princess Claire." Henry said happily and I felt shock course through me. Was it truly coincidental that my dreams coincided exactly with Henry's theory?

I smiled regardless. "Wait. If you think Snow White is my mom, and Claire is her sister, does that make her-" Emma trailed off. "Your aunt." Henry said.

Emma and I shared a glance. She looked as if she couldn't possibly believe what Henry was talking about. I tried to mirror her expression, though in reality, I had no idea what to believe.

We reached the school then and Henry and I turned to Emma. "Bye, Emma!" He yelled and I said my quick goodbyes to her as well. I went straight to the office and grabbed my room key. I walked into the classroom and was met with the eyes of about thirteen fourth graders.

"Hi, everyone! I'm Miss Carter, and I'm your new teacher." I said to the class. The kids only smiled, but said nothing. Well at least they didn't hate me.

TIME SKIP

The day passed quickly because I was doing what I loved. The kids were great students. I walked out of the classroom and saw a familiar face walking towards me. Mary Margaret.

"Hey!" I called to her and she smiled. "Hey, Claire. How was your first day?" She asked me, falling into step beside me. "It was great!" I told her happily and she smiled, looking down and toying with a ring. I noticed it looked a lot like mine but instead of an amethyst, it had an emerald stone.

"So I was heading to Granny's, would you like to join me?" Mary Margaret asked with a smile. I smiled and nodded. After all, if I was going to stay here permanently, I needed to make some friends.

Besides, hanging out with Mary Margaret felt natural, like I'd done it many times before.

"So, are you married?" I asked her, eyeing the ring and she laughed. "No. Not even close." Mary Margaret exclaimed.

"Oh, well I just assumed from your ring." I told her with a smile. "I've had this ring as long as I can remember, but I can't seem to remember who gave it to me." Mary Margaret told me, reminding me of myself.

"So have I. I really can't remember where I got my ring either." I told her, showing her my ring.

We walked into Granny's then. "Oh, it's probably the curse taking our memories." Mary Margaret said teasingly. "Wait, that's what Henry thinks?" I asked her and she nodded.